Sign in to follow this  
Teddy da Bear

Hobby with a practical side

Teddy da Bear

I bought this Honda Helix with the intention that my wife could ride it to work and save gas money. Well at 4'-10" and 93lbs.the scooter was too big for her to safely handle.

So I ended up using it and just love it. We bought it for practicality and never expected to have so much fun on it! We have made several trips up north to Cadillac Michigan to mushroom hunt (another hobby). We use it constantly to get groceries.

It gets 68mpg and we have had it up to 75mph on a flat straight away north of Grand Rapids.

I have since bought my wife a smaller Honda Elite 80 and she goes on that to work.

I have also built a trailer so we can carry larger items.

Here it is...

Attached Image

post-60-1216940699.jpg

Sparky

Wow thats a nice setup. My dad just bought a Suzuki Bergman 400 scooter and my wife and I used it for the first time to go out for dinner and it was a blast. We ended up at a restaurant 35 miles away.

He says he's gettin 65MPG plus as well.

Mike......

Curmudgeon

The last two wheeler I had was a Honda, with something like twice the horsepower of the car I was driving at the time......

Yet, I think one of those scooters would be fun!!!!

Jim_M

Nice job on that trailer!

I've thought about buying a hitch for my bike and building a trailer but still haven't gotten around to it.

Teddy da Bear

Thank you for the kind words.

I had to fabricate the hitch for mine.... They just don't come ready made....lol

But I want to beef it up.

Here is a picture of the front.

Attached Image

post-60-1216988290.jpg

BairleaFarm

Cool. I can see you going down the interstate with a WH in the back of that trailer

linen beige

Cool. I can see you going down the interstate with a WH in the back of that trailer

"horse haulin' Honda Helix! B)

Brrly1

Hey Teddy Not to be nosy, but aren't you a big guy, Like myself. My ol' lady is 4'11" and about 84 lbs. soaking wet. She always thought she could handle the Harley but she couldn't even reach the foot pegs let alone the 18" ape hangers. Nice ride,kinda gives me an idea. See ya Burly B)

Teddy da Bear

Yes Burly.....it seems my size reputation preceeds me.....hmmmmm

I must be the vicitim of gossip from the meet & greet....or a bad photograph...ha ha ha haaa...

Your wife is only an inch taller than mine... On her scooter I actually had to trim two inches off of the seat so she could reach flat-footed to the ground.

You can? I can't....my hitch would snap off under that kind of stress...

Here is what hauls horses....

I can put 4 horses in there without decks.

Attached Image

post-60-1217188893.jpg

Teddy da Bear

I converted it for camping comfort as well..

Sink/water, closet, bed & satelite t.v.......oh yes.....don't forget the horses!

B) (there is a B-100 behind the electric horse)

Attached Image

post-60-1217189128.jpg

KyBlue

Wow..Thats pretty niceo n the inside!!! Good Job on the modifications!!!

Teddy da Bear

Thank you Scott.

It took me about 2 months of on and off working on it. I still have some small things I want to do.

These things come with almost nothing inside but plywood on the walls.

I took it all down and rewired it. Then put solid closed cell foam insulation in the walls. ceiling and floor. I used textured wallboard from Menard's (my home away from home). The cabinets fit perfectly from Lowe's. I made my own countertops (L-shaped). The flooring looks like wood, but is really vinyl from Lowe's. It is also wired for 110v as well as 12v battery.

These trailers are made not far from my home here. They are in Three Rivers Mi I believe. The www address (on the trailer) is where you can see them.