Sign in to follow this  
dbartlett1958

Non-Skid Footrest Options?

dbartlett1958

Well, winter is coming and I am trying to get the 416-H ready for snow-blower duty. I have a line on a snow-cab, and the blower is in good shape, but I think the foot rests on the 300-500 series leave a lot to be desired as far as traction goes, especialy when you add some snow to the equation.

So, what do you folks use on your foot rests to gain a bit of traction, besides the stick on rubber stuff that came on these tractors?

Thanks in advance.

AMC RULES

When repainting them, you could always just add a bit of fine(playground)sand to the mix.

Cheap, and really works well. :thumbs:

Kelly

I use the nonslip tape that is used on stair treads, it's like self stick sand paper, it comes in sheets or on a roll, found at most hardware stores or Lowes Home Depo ect.......

546cowboy

I have been using the stuff that skateboarders use. Look for a skateboard shop. It's easy to cut and cheaper than every where else I've found.

Trouty56

I have been using the stuff that skateboarders use. Look for a skateboard shop. It's easy to cut and cheaper than every where else I've found.

Great idea...this is referred to as griptape.....

rmaynard

I use the original 1/8" ribbed rubber material that came on the B/C series when they were new.

chesbaycruiser

I use the original 1/8" ribbed rubber material that came on the B/C series when they were new.

Bob,

Suggestions on a good source for this?

Thnx

rmaynard

Bob,

Thnx

I buy it in large rolls. I have a roll in my shop that I can cut small pieces from. PM me if you need some.

John T

Bob if I could i'd like to buy some of this from you for my C-120

KC9KAS

When repainting them, you could always just add a bit of fine(playground)sand to the mix.

Cheap, and really works well. :thumbs:

I painted a ladies dock at her lake once, and added sand to the paint....no one slipped on that dock!

• Like 1

dbartlett1958

Thanks all for the replies. The Grip Tape idea sounds good to me, as I am sure my son has some lying around that I have already paid for.

Just need to find it.

welderman85

I used truck bed liner. I just masked of how big I wanted it painted one coat let it tack up a bit and sprinkled Sand on it then recoat.it has held up great

redidbull

I was thinking on mine that I might put some diamond plate to the footrest area. Either just paint steel DP red to match the tractor and blend in or black to stand out. I also have some alum DP that I thought of polishing too. Jim

rmaynard

Only problem with diamond plate is that it gets slippery when wet.

redidbull

Only problem with diamond plate is that it gets slippery when wet.

I didn't realize that.I may need to rethink things. Thanks. Jim

rmaynard

Many years ago when I was a volunteer fireman, we used to ride on the back of the truck. Guys would slip on the diamond plate. We had to put non-skid on for safety.

kpinnc

Eldon (kj4kicks) makes them for multiple models out of the ribbed rubber material. Go to his website and look for WH parts at the bottom of the page.

Here is the link:

http://www.classickitchensandmore.com/wheel-horse-tractors-parts-c-42.html?zenid=9549f8618cc57d19fe34ca27b4648eaa

cheesegrader

Farmer has the best set of footrests i have seen.

The central section has been cut out, and a piece of expanded mesh tread was welded in.

It is on my to-do list of projects.

I get so much snow and ice on my boots that I want a platform that will drain.

Rubber mats just turn into wet, slick, icy rubber mats.

Trouty56

Many years ago when I was a volunteer fireman, we used to ride on the back of the truck. Guys would slip on the diamond plate. We had to put non-skid on for safety.

Didn't know diamond plate was invented that long ago..... :)

• Like 3

Martin

i really like the ones on my c125. got them from lowes. (same stuff that kelly mentioned earlier in this thread) i think it was $4.95. its just stairtread that i cut in halves to fit and rounded the edges.....

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

i used the skateboard tape on Jeanines 1054 but that was more like $20 for a skateboard size sheet of it. they call it grip tape.....

IMG_0775.jpg

• Like 1