Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Would you support a RedSquare show?

RedSquare Show  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support a RedSquare Show?

• Yes
    • No

wheel-mule

I would like to have one but CT is too far to drive.It's a 12-13 hr drive for me to the PA show that's one reason I've not been there the last 3 yrs.

woodbird007

Great idea. I am from Western Mi so a western PA location would be more centralized between me and CT.

corn53

I`d love to see a show!!! Count me in if its not too far from R.I.!!!!

artfull dodger

Yes and no for me, yes I would like to see an organized RS show, but not out east. I have always scratched my head as to why the largest WH show is in eastern PA for a tractor born and breed in northern Indiana. IMHO a larger WH gathering needs to be developed closer to Wheelhorse's home town of South Bend, Indiana. As far as my feelings go, the east coast guys and gals have the big PA show for a WH only show. There is also rough and tumble show in eastern PA. My vote for whats its worth is an event, hopefully one that would grow to become the midwests version of the PA show but held in Indiana, preferably northern Indiana with access to plowing ground for folks to get out and work thier horses. The Mentone show has really gained traction the last few years, maybe it could be furthern developed into a midwest WH gathering. Weather seems to be pretty decent during the time of year its held. Just food for thought. Mike and Michele T

neil

Has there been anymore thought on this subject to see if it is going to happen , would be great to have a RS Show

nylyon

There is support for it but I haven't had the chance to look into anything. If anyone is interested in chairing a planning committee that would be awesome~

whfan74

Yes and no for me, yes I would like to see an organized RS show, but not out east. I have always scratched my head as to why the largest WH show is in eastern PA for a tractor born and breed in northern Indiana. IMHO a larger WH gathering needs to be developed closer to Wheelhorse's home town of South Bend, Indiana. As far as my feelings go, the east coast guys and gals have the big PA show for a WH only show. There is also rough and tumble show in eastern PA. My vote for whats its worth is an event, hopefully one that would grow to become the midwests version of the PA show but held in Indiana, preferably northern Indiana with access to plowing ground for folks to get out and work thier horses. The Mentone show has really gained traction the last few years, maybe it could be furthern developed into a midwest WH gathering. Weather seems to be pretty decent during the time of year its held. Just food for thought. Mike and Michele T

Not as big as PA, but everything you are looking for. Search through the "Herd" section for photos.

• Like 2

546cowboy

I've never been able to figure out why there is not a big show in South Bend since every one of these Horses started there in the first place! I myself cannot go too far from home now as I am my mothers live in care giver.

I have been to Kelly's show in MI. and to Portland once. They are both quite a distance from me so it was no easy task. Just going to Scott's M&G is about 120 miles one way and for 1 day that's a trip. I would really like to go but I just have to settle for pictures here on :rs:

baerpath

I like the idea of it but would suggest tieing into another show in the beginning, Doesn't matter so much that way in the beginning if attendance is lower for the first yr or two Just to get it rolling. I know for us the insurance and making sure it's incorperated is very important. So if your tied in that helps and most are receptive as a way to boost attendance and have another draw.

For me New England would be fine or if it moves around to NY Ohio etc.

Karl if it comes down to it I'll help

Duane

puddlejumper

I am another one for further south and west for location, Maybe indianapolis or louisville or go way west st.louis. there are several members in missouri and Illinois,and kansas, Iowa, that have a hard time making it to the action.

• Like 1

VinsRJ

Its always been my opinion that RS should meet at the big show in PA. This is not to say in any way to try to take over the show or make it ours. What I'm saying is that we all gather together in one spot... like at the Wheel-Horse Show... There are a ton of activities, plenty of tractors to look at and about as central you will ever get location wise. We all know when the show is held... where its located... and what the deal is when we are there. Its about as good of a jumping off point for our own show as there could be. 

Edited by VinsRJ

cruisnblue48

Seems to me that "Redsquare" members cover an extremely wide area all across the USA and even includes members from other countries as well. Having one specific location for a "Redsquare Show" just doesn't seem to make sense as it would be practically (meaning geographically) impossible to have all or most Redsquare members attend such a show no matter where it would be held. Doesn't it make more sense to have a "Redsquare membership gathering" at any and all garden tractor shows where you find Wheel Horse tractors?

• Like 1