Sign in to follow this  
kenbelsak

complete GT14 Automatic -free- Lexington KY

kenbelsak

GOING to CRE1992....

Complete with good mechanicals, 14hp Kohler, good hydrostatic, 42" deck, but wiring needs attention. It ran fine 3 or 4 years ago, before the wiring went awry. Maybe needs alternator, muffler too. Is this something that a club member might want, free, before we scrap it? Used last 30 years or so on small, residential yard and always garaged. Located in Lexington, KY.

"They don't build them like this anymore!"

Ken B

cel 678-617-gonepost-8564-0-84582900-1348417942.jpg

rmaynard

:WRS: Ken, glad to have you. Good luck finding a new home for the GT.

Kelly

nice looking tractor, I'm sure it will have a new home in a day or so at that price.

Jake Kuhn

:WRS: Thats a nice looking tractor. wish that one was closer to me. I'm sure it won't be very long and she'll be in the hands of another horse guy. Jake

CRE1992

My dad is heading to Lexington on Tuesday! Maybe I will get it :woohoo:

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Please don't scrap it....Someone on here will get it for sure....Wish I could head there right now!

Wheel Crazy

My dad is heading to Lexington on Tuesday! Maybe I will get it :woohoo:

Did you call him? I just noticed his number is to the left of the picture of the tractor! lol

CRE1992

Yes, yes I did!

Hydro

I would have come from Ontario for that!

linen beige

Hmmmm. Free tractor. First post. Located in Kentucky. Georgia area code. Is it just me?

CRE1992

Hmmmm. Free tractor. First post. Located in Kentucky. Georgia area code. Is it just me?

No its not. My dad is picking it up on Wednesday for me.

rmaynard

Just to let you know, this person contacted the Wheel Horse Collectors Club looking to find a new owner for his GT. I informed him that he would have better luck placing his request here than the small member base of the club. As a result, it looks like we have two happy people.

linen beige

No its not. My dad is picking it up on Wednesday for me.

good deal!!! Given my professional past I'm sure you guys can appreciate my caution.

kenbelsak

I think I have a taker, CRE1992. Seems like it was meant to happen for him. Glad to see it go to an enthusiast!

I live in Atlanta. The mower is my dad's in Lex KY. I just took a (John Deere) to him from Atlanta that my wife inherited. The Wheel Horse had not been used for a few years due to wiring (or alternator) issues. He's had it around 35 years, one standard residential yard, stored in heated garage. -I cut the grass with it when I lived at home. The last few years a neighbor kid cut the grass with his own mower, but the kid is now gone to college. So, enter working John Deere, exit Wheel Horse. I know it is a solid machine mechanically, and I'm sure somebody can fix it. Especially amongst enthusiasts.

I know (and you all know) there really is no comparison: The JD is all plastic crap vs. cast iron and steel on the WH. But keeping a 40+/- year old machine running is not easy, especially when you need to use it every week or so. I sure can't do much from Atlanta. I'm glad there is a community that appreciates these machines. And I'm glad to contribute it to this community. So, thanks to Bob Maynard for pointing me to this forum and thanks for Charles' interest in keeping this machine alive.

Ken

• Like 1

dbartlett1958

I just love happy endings.

CRE1992

Well my Dad picked it up today, apparently I owe both him and his assistant dinner. They said they had push it up hill and onto a trailer. It couldn't be that bad. If so, then MattD860 owes me more as I loaded his non running C161 into the back of my truck by myself. lol

Thanks again Ken,

I look forward to getting it running again!

Rooster

Awesome!

JackC

"The JD is all plastic crap vs. cast iron and steel on the WH."

kenbelsak. The great gods from wheel horse heaven bless you.

Thank you for saving a classic, all American made quality tractor, and putting into good hands.

kenbelsak

I will miss it...

Pictures and updates, please.

Ken

(and I get first dibs if you decide to sell it later)

CRE1992

I will miss it...

Pictures and updates, please.

Ken

(and I get first dibs if you decide to sell it later)

Absolutely!

AMC RULES

Man...who's got better luck than that Charles?

I hope you've got Dad picking up your power ball ticket on his way home tonight. :ychain:

Nice GT buddy, good luck with it.

• Like 1

Butch

CRE1992 you got a deal there!

• Like 1

varosd

Great deal Charles! perhaps you can get it running and bring it to the Big show next year!

• Like 1

CRE1992

I plan on it, I will be getting it from my dad in a week or two.