Sign in to follow this  
Paul's Boy

Wheel Horse service in Williamsport, PA

Paul's Boy

Greerings!

I have inherited my Dad's Commando 8 and it needs some service. Does anyone have a recommendation for service in or near Williamport, PA?

Thanks!

rmaynard

:WRS: You can try your local Toro dealer, but because so many of the Commando parts are no longer available, you may just want to find a local Wheel Horse collector/restorer to help you out. If that is the case, you have come to the right place.

Having said that, I purchased a Commando 8 from someone in Montoursville last December. I will look through the service records that came with the tractor and see who he was using for service.

AMC RULES

:WRS:

Anything we can help you with?

1maidenfan

:woohoo: :WRS::happy-jumpeveryone:

:wwp: :wwp: :wwp:

Paul's Boy

Thanks for all the quick advice.

Rmaynard; thanks in advance for the help.

I'll get pictures soon!

rmaynard

I went back into the archive of service records, and I found an invoice dated 2009. The service company was:

Lycoming Lawn & Garden

Pennsdale, PA 17756

570-546-7331

Hope this helps.

FreddieFarmall

Hello: Glad to see another 'local' collector. You might want to try Ken Bergren, Inc. on Dix St in the east end of Wmspt. As far as I know they are the only actual Wheel Horse dealer left in this area. They have a good selection of parts, and have always been helpful if you need them to look up old stuff on their micro-fiche. I think they are a little pricey when it comes to service work, but they know what they are doing.

Fred

rwilson

Glad to see a couple more people from the northen tier of Pa. There is a dealer in Mansfield. He still has quite a few parts. Depending on what you need I may have some parts as well.

Towner67Commando8

Who is the dealer in Mansfield? I am in the southern tier of NY (almond, NY). I am looking for a idler pulley for a RM-327 mower deck part # 6594.

AMC RULES

I've always wondered why we don't have a list of the remaining "active" :wh: dealers...

and their contact information available here on :rs:

• Like 1

woodchuckfarmer

His name is Jene Morgan, he around the intersection of RT 6 and RT 549. Look for the round hood on the tree stump

Paul's Boy

My 'Crimson Stallion" should be back from the shop tomorrow. Thanks to all for the intel regarding service. Once I get him off the trailer, I'll get the requested pictures posted!

Paul's Boy

Great off the trailer; my Commando 8!