dtallon

WH Cultivator and Plow, I think ???

dtallon

So, I don't really have my 854 running that great yet, but did at least get the gas tank sealed so it doesn't leak every where. Still, I couldn't help but keep an eye out for some attachments for it. A guy posted a red cultivator on a "green" forum and didn't know what brand it was for, and I thought, by gosh, that looks like a setup for a slot hitch! I searched all over here and didn't find any pictures that looked quite like it, but did find some literature for an AC-6 cultivator and I think this is the later version of it, minus the depth wheels.

cultivator.jpg

When I went to go look at it, I showed the guy the copy of the AC-6 brochure and he said, "you know what, I got a plow the same time I got that thing, and I think it has the same style hitch. Would you be interested in it?" It threw me for a loop because I didn't have any of the plow info printed out, but made a deal for the pair anyway. I'm still not having much luck in finding any info on this particular model plow. Anybody know what it is? On the back of the moldboard it says "BRINLY 8", so I know it is a Brinly 8", but I'm not sure if it was actually made for Wheel Horse or not. At least it's the right color, and it does mount in the slot hitch pretty nice. I can't wait to try it out!

plow.jpg

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Welcome to Redsquare!

I don't know for sure, but many here have Brinley implements and call them Wheel Horse if they are painted red!

AMC RULES

Both are cool pieces, either way.

:WRS:

Don1977

I would say they are both Wheel Horse because of the slot hitch.

hcminis

Sent you the literature Dave.

1maidenfan

I have a cultivator just like that one, only has 5 drag arms instead of 6 like yours. I was told when I purchased it, that it was a wheel horse brand but no ID tag could be found.

I am bead blasting , priming and painting mine at this time. Going to take it to Scotts meet n greet in Oct. if any one is interested in it.

Thank.

• Like 1

SousaKerry

Wheel Horse was famous for buying Brinley and other implements painting them red changing the hitch and selling them in the dealerships. Can't say I blame them why re-invent the wheel if you can buy one and paint it a different color

dtallon

Thanks to DJ and the Yahoo groups, I think I've confirmed the Cultivator is an AC-6 and the Plow is a PP-8, both sold by Wheel Horse. I couldn't be more excited to have found a pair of Wheel Horse attachments. Now I just need to find the time to get the 854 tuned up so I can try them out.

Dave

wh315-8

I have a plow very similar, the adjusting rod is set up different. Bought it at an Ohio auction because it has the sleeve hitch. Have never seen another like it and have no more info on it than what you have on yours. I came across another plow a few years later and fabricated this two bottom plow. I put heavy weight in the top frame. I pull them with a 2004 315-8 manual transmission and it pulls them with no problem. I always wonder why I don't see more two bottom set ups.

wheel horse 315-8 007.jpg

wheel horse 315-8 006.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

clip

First time I've ever seen a two-bottom plow on something as small as a Wheel Horse. Don't even see them for the Farmall Cubs. Wonder if it has to do with width between wheels and putting the right tire in the furrow?

wh315-8
On 5/2/2016 at 7:47 PM, clip said:

First time I've ever seen a two-bottom plow on something as small as a Wheel Horse. Don't even see them for the Farmall Cubs. Wonder if it has to do with width between wheels and putting the right tire in the furrow?

Have no problem with tire in furrow. Works just like an AG tractor. The plows are offset just like big AG plows. This setup plows 6" deep at minimum. This is a picture of the tractor that pulls the plows.

wheel horse 315-8 002.jpg

• Like 1

clip

The offset makes sense. Let's see some video of this beast!