Sign in to follow this  
fireman

Upcoming CT. shows! Who's going?

fireman

There are still two of the bigger shows in CT. left. The Kent show is September 28th, 29th, and the 30th. This is a great show and has more than just tractors. Check out the website at the link below:

http://www.ctamachinery.com/

The other is Zagray Farms on October 6th and 7th. I still have never had a chance to make it there but come hell or high water I'm going to this one. From what I have been told this is the best show in CT! Here is a link to their website.

http://www.qvea.org/

Who is planning on going and what days? I will be at Kent Friday and Saturday. I am going to Zagray but not sure which day (Maybe both but it's 100 miles each way!)

stevebo

in for both

AMC RULES

Should we bring a tractor, can we ride at both of these shows?

fireman

Cant speak for Zagray Farms but I know we show and ride our tractors at Kent. I would imagine the same goes for Zagray. I am bringing two or three to Kent.

One might be GREEN! :hide:

nylyon

I may pop in at Kent on Saturday! And get some BBQ at Big W's

wallfish

Definitely bring tractors to ride at both shows.

I might do the hotel thing again for Kent and stay for 2 days. The Zagray fall show is a good one too

VinsRJ

My plan is to be at both shows... most likely Friday/Saturday for kent and the better of the two days for Zagray.

You never know I just may bring "the hood" for viewing purposes :scratchead:

fireman

Can't wait to see it Vin!

Ken B

I will no doubt be at Zagray, I just found out we will be going to see my son Jesse. He's in Philly, in college. Bummer on one hand, but great on the other hand. I sure miss having him around!

Jeff it is true, Zagray is the best show in CT. I have been going to the Zagray Farms meet for many yrs. now. It is without a doubt my favorite. There are many treasures to be found there, you just never know what you might find!

Coadster32

I am hoping to make Kent as well. There's also a show @ haddam meadows Sept. 15/16. Not as big as Kent, but more in your neck of the woods. I'll try to get to Zagary as well. Sat for each show.

Are you guys going to fork up the $40 to be vendors, or just exhibitors @ Kent. I heard they get cranky when you try to sell and not be a vendor. My memory is shot, and don't remember what I did last year. :eusa-think:

stevebo

I sold a few larger items (bottom plows) in the display area. As an exibitor I never paid to get in.

fireman

I think the problem they were having at Kent is guys would bring a few tractors to show and also bring along tables full of stuff to sell. They don't mind if you have a few items but it was the guys trying to bypass the $40 fee that were the issue. I have to work on Sunday so Friday and Saturday is it for me. I may just bring one tractor to cruise with on Friday because it's not that busy and I don't leave my stuff there . Bring it back and forth from home (15 miles). Saturday tends to be the busiest day.

SALTYWRIGHT

I WILL BE AT BOTH SHOWS. WHAT DAY IS BEST FOR MOST PEOPLE ?

ww2imposter

I'm hoping to get to both.

Dublin NH tommorow also.

squonk

I was hoping to go to the Alexander N.Y. steam show tomorrow for the Flea market and GT pull, Severe weather is forecast. :crying-yellow:

Sparky

The Kent show is out for me but I'm pretty sure (99%) I'll be at Zagray's on Saturday.

Mike............

dsholler

Anyone who is headed to the CT shows with some wheel weights and a snowplow for sale? Care to make a detour to Fairfield county? I am in need of weights for my 414, and am looking for a snowplow as well, but I cannot get to either show.... too many kid activities. PM me.

SALTYWRIGHT

ANY ONE GOING TO THE TRACTOR SHOW IN MONROE, CT TOMORROW ? I WILL BE THERE. RUSS

fireman

Russ,

What is happening in Monroe tomorrow? Where, what time etc.

Jeff

SALTYWRIGHT

JEFF IT IS ON ROUTE 110 IN SHELTON, CT ON THE MONROE LINE. BIRDSEYE RD. IT IS TRUCKS, TRACTORS AND OTHERS. AT SHELTON DAIRY FARM. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THIS ONE BUT HEARD IT WAS WORTH THE TRIP. I AM TAKING THE DIESEL 417-8 RUSS

nylyon

Russ, what are the times of the show?

Coadster32

I'll be going to Haddam Meadows this morning. There's a show there I've never been to yet. It's on the CT river right on RT154.

Coadster32

The show in Haddam Meadows was pretty darn good. Really big turnout with lots to offer. I sold off a Jacobsen Cheif the night before, and bought a 1936 briggs 1/2hp lever start motor, and a just as old brass water pump. I plan on making a display setup out of it. Not going to miss this show next year for sure. I took the motorcycle up there, as I don't get out on it that much anymore. My buddy brought home my goodies for me.

When I first posted this show up, I was thinking Housatonic Meadows...that's why I thought it was up in Jeff/Steve's neck of the woods.

Looking forward to Kent....

VinsRJ

Word just came down from upper management at home that we have a "thing" going on the weekend of Kent. I'm out.

I'll see you guys at Zagray...

No crying please :happy-jumpeveryone:

fireman

Well that just sucks! Definitely see you at Zagray!