Sign in to follow this  
Darr01

Just a friendly hello!

Darr01

Just found and joined this forum, and wanted to say hi to everyone. Let me admit right off the bat that I am first and foremost a Deere man. But Wheelhorses have become a close second. To be honest, I was kinda suckered into them. I have an uncle who offered to sell me his early JD 110 (my all time favorite garden tractor). When I went to get it he said he changed his mind and didn't want to sell it. He said he had another tractor I could buy if I wanted it. He led me to the back corner of his garage, and there under a tarp was a 1972 Commando 800, complete and in really good condition. It hadn't ran in years and the battery was dead. But after checking the oil level and hooking it to a battery charger, it fired right up. I liked the look of it, so I bought it and added some 'red' to my collection. I use it for light duty mowing, then clean it up and take it to shows. I plan on adding some more Horses to my herd of Deere in future, particularly some older models.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:WRS:

Got picts of the red one? :)

tunahead72

Whereabouts in Pennsylvania you from?

And ditto to what Craig said about photos...

• Like 1

Darr01

Thanks guys. I live in Carlisle. Will post pics soon.

1maidenfan

:WRS: YOU'VE COUGHT THE FEVER! Before long you will have ALL :wh: tractors.

:party:

Kelly

Jake Kuhn

Darr01

Thanks everyone. Trying to get pics up, computer isnt working with me. As for the fever, guess we'll have to see. Still suffering from 'green fever'..... lol

Sparky

Aww....dont worry. Red cures green!

:grin:

Mike........

• Like 1

Darr01
post-8425-0-24901700-1346805453.jpgpost-8425-0-11149100-1346805258.jpgpost-8425-0-84195700-1346805292.jpg

tunahead72

Very nice!

I'm passing through Carlisle this weekend, I'll be sure to wave to you and your Commando.

OK, and your Deere too. :)

Darr01

Haha....I'll be sure to look for you! Shoulda came thru last weekend, when we had our big show. Plenty of Horses there.

tunahead72

Wait, what show? :dunno:

Darr01

The Williams Grove Historical Steam Engine show, held all week long. They had 200+ garden tractors there this year, including plenty of nice Horses.

groundhog47

Newbie myself and welcome also. That's abeaut you have mine is not worthy yet of showin'. Am sure you've already found the amazing volume of knowledge, help, and comraderie here. It blew me away seein' some of these machines and the overseas guys, where do they find this gold. Good day. groundhog47 (Gerry)

Darr01

Yea, am enjoying this forum. Always good to hear from fellow enthusiests and see other tractors. Plus the info is great. What for tractor do u have?

can whlvr

redhorse100

if you stay green i can help you by coming over and picking up your red horse. nice looking wheel horse welcome to the square

Darr01

Thanks guys. Think I'll just have to be 'green and red' lol. Honestly though, I'd be happy to have any older, classic tractor, regardless of brand. They really knew how to make them back then, unlike some of today's stuff. Just so happened I grew up with John Deere.

groundhog47

Darr, have a C-120 user that has set idle since 99,w'nt ever do that again. Must have burnt coil Wed as now intermittentment firing. The forum was a great help with that prob and parts on the way. If you haven't perused through the photos, I recommend you look at all the eye candy and talent these guys build.

Yeah all the old stuff is FAR superior. One time I was discing with a big 16 speed 55 hp JD, boss said "don't try gettin' out if you get stuck, come get me." Did and he brought the old high wheel 45 hp hand clutch MM and effortlessly pulled me out. A good JD high wheel wuda pulled me out too.

Course we talkin' small machines but they where from those same roots. Man wish they still planted those seeds, good day!

Darr01

Not to mention, the old stuff didn't have all this computer crap. It's alot easier to diagnose and repair a mechanical prob vs. an electrical prob.

KATO

WELCOME ENJOY !! :canada: