jgc9166

Score of a life time NOS HY-3

jgc9166

Found this while looking for a set of rear 753 tires today. A complete HY-3 kit for 1963 753 or 653. Everything can with the kit all the brackets brand new lines, brand new wheel horse belts. Even have the hard to come by belt cover. To top it all off 1.5 quarts of sealed hydraulic fluid produced by wheel horse with the discontinued part number on the tin. Have seen a couple used ones sell for some decent money, this would be a perfect addition to my 753 but not sure if I can void the NOS status!! Thoughts and opinions? post-8042-0-13371500-1345499182.jpg

• Like 5

AMC RULES

WOW! If you can't, I sure can...let me know. :)

:WRS:

CasualObserver

Yeah... NOS is nice... but it would be much more fun to use. I'd use it myself. (not the can of fluid, but definitely the rest)

In the grand scheme of things... it's an accessory... no matter what it's not like it's worth thousands of dollars. Use it and enjoy it. I say.

• Like 2

Don1977

Wheel Horse equipment was designed to be used bolt it on and use it.

• Like 2

Tankman

Lucky you, NOS stock. Put it to good use!

You might not be so lucky if you ever need the parts in the future.

Perhaps display in the China hutch with Sunday dishware?

Jake Kuhn

now that is a find!! :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

Ken B

I would use it but if I were mine and I was going to put it on a tractor I do an all out show restoration on the tractor myself. Nice score!

64s

If you are going to put it on a fully restored trailer queen, I'd slap it on and enjoy. If you're going to put it on a worker (and use it), I'd put it on ebay and hope it brings in a huge pile of money. Then I'd buy a used one and use the rest of the money to buy another tractor. But that's a gamble.

• Like 1

jgc9166

Thanks for all the thoughts guys... any ideas on what the worth of something like this kit would be?

krazy_horse

At least five dollars, where should I send the check? LOL

• Like 1

rydogg

Personally I would pay around $300 for it and put it on a show tractor so it would get minimal use and wear. I usually see complete used ones going on ebay for $100 and up. I just picked up a running tractor for $50 that has the hy3 setup it's in a gilson but looks the same as what's used in wheel horse.

hounddoghundzsa

I too would be interested keep us posted. :eusa-think: :eusa-think:

gumshoes

Wow that was a great score. I was wondering if you remember how much oil was in the cans of oil that came with the kit. Thanks

Racinbob

I started a reply before I saw this was close to 3 years old. Still cool though and I'm glad it resurfaced. You're still active jgc9166, what did you end up doing with it? Personally I would have put the unit to use. Oh wait...I would have had to get a tractor it fit on and then put it to use. I'm thinking the 704 I'm looking for. I'm with Jason on not using the old fluid though. Use that for display. It's a cool cal, the oil is old and the oils today are far superior.:)

DTOM

Keep it in the box or display it. Find a used one to put on your tractor. 

bmsgaffer

Wow that was a great score. I was wondering if you remember how much oil was in the cans of oil that came with the kit. Thanks

He put it right in the post, 1.5qts.