Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Great Lakes Wheel Horse Show Pictures 2012

HorseFixer

Click Link Below To Go To Dukes Show Pictures Page (2)

SUNDAY JULY 29th BEFORE SHOW

We arrived Sat at 2:00 pm and thought we would do some camping early. Well as it turned out they were haveing a 4H Horse Riding Contest where we all usually camp. :no: Well where there is Horses there are road apples, and where there are road apples there are flies (I think you get the picture) :roll: Anyways yesterday there had to be a Zillion at our campsite So Luckily I brought some potenet spray I got from Orkin and Dave the campsite host fogged the whole campground for us :bow-blue: (I wonder if MJ's Baked Goods had anything to do with that?) :eusa-whistle: Anyways we shouldnt have any problem with skeeters between both of our spraying like last year. And the weather..... Well it has been just fantastic and looks like it will be all week. Im looking forward to you all getting here and if any want to come early Im sure I can fire up the Ole Grill and break out a Qt of apple juice. :thumbs2: Here are some pics, brought my RJ-58 and 702 this year. All of you drive safe, and see you here.

~Duke

IMG-20120729-00726.jpg

IMG-20120729-00728.jpg

DSCN4875.jpg

DSCN4874.jpg

DSCN4893.jpg

MONDAY JULY 30th BEFORE SHOW

Well I waited all day for you guys and finally cooked dinner we waited and waited and none of you showed up so we dug in and well the rest is history! :eusa-whistle:

After dinner I cut up some fire wood. :ychain: Here is a before and after shot of the Pic Nic table. :eek: Later a Horse of a different color showed up He was looking kinda Jealous! :unsure:

~Duke

DSCN4900.jpg

DSCN4901.jpg

BEFORE

DSCN4908.jpg

AFTER

DSCN4911.jpg

DSCN4912.jpg

DSCN4917.jpg

DSCN4930.jpg

WEND'S AUG 1st PICS BEFORE SHOW

Well had Martin his lovely wife Jeanine and his son Kent over for dinner tonight earlier I had cooked some of Duke's Special Grilled Baked Beans with plenty of sweet onions and bacon along with brats that were a big Hit. Later by the campfire we were up till 1:30 a.m. time flies so fast when yer havin fun with great friends and sippin apple juice! :thumbs2:

Tomorrow is Dukes BBQ Chicken, Spicey Grilled Potatoe Wedges, and Grilled Corn. and of course some apple juice

Cheers ~Duke

DSCN4941.jpg

DSCN4945.jpg

DSCN4947.jpg

DSCN4952.jpg

THURSDAY AUG 2nd PICS BEFORE SHOW

Here are some pics from thursday tractors and around the Camp Sites.

~Duke

DSCN4959.jpg

DSCN4961.jpg

DSCN4962.jpg

DSCN4965.jpg

DSCN4967.jpg

DSCN4968.jpg

DSCN4971.jpg

DSCN4973.jpg

DSCN4974.jpg

DSCN4977.jpg

The Duke got busy on the grill again and made some BBQ Chicken and grilled tater wedges along with grilled corn we all sat down

and had a might fine meal with Jeanine's Martins Wife Braccoli Salad And Jo's Brian's Wife Vegtable salad no one went away hungry.

later that evening here are some pics around the campfire.

~Duke

DSCN4953.jpg

DSCN4957.jpg

DSCN4979.jpg

DSCN4983.jpg

DSCN4984.jpg

DSCN4985.jpg

DSCN4989.jpg

Saturday AUG 4th Show Pic's

DSCN4990.jpg

DSCN4991.jpg

DSCN4992.jpg

DSCN4993.jpg

DSCN4995.jpg

DSCN4999.jpg

DSCN5000.jpg

DSCN5005.jpg

DSCN5010.jpg

DSCN5013.jpg

DSCN5020.jpg

DSCN5025.jpg

DSCN5026.jpg

DSCN5028.jpg

Click Link Below To Go To Duke Show Pictures Page (2)

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

squonk

Should have brought the "Big grill" and I don't see an engine on that picnic table! :ychain: :)

Jake Kuhn

Looking forward to seeing all of you guys on saturday! How about we try to keep all of our pics on this thread so they are all in one place. Jake

smoreau

Should have brought the "Big grill" and I don't see an engine on that picnic table! :ychain::)

Meals on wheels picnic table will be there on Thursday! Should be there around 11 am if all goes right. look forward to seeing every one! bringing 4 tractors also :) Just 2 more days of work and a nice 4 day weekend! long over do!!

Martin

Planning on being there Thursday too.... Looking forward to a good time away from home and work.....

Jeanine will be with kent and I this year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perry

wish i was there allready with you guys :) . see ya all friday .

rockinhorse

First time at this show . Are the motels ok ? any good one's ? will be bring mama she want a road trip.Will bring the long B80 and wagon . Will be there fri. & sat . I am looking for decals , 10 1/2" x 12" wheels, frame parts, choke & throttle cables. Let me know if anybody has anything.

thanks Karl

perry

First time at this show . Are the motels ok ? any good one's ? will be bring mama she want a road trip.Will bring the long B80 and wagon . Will be there fri. & sat . I am looking for decals , 10 1/2" x 12" wheels, frame parts, choke & throttle cables. Let me know if anybody has anything.

thanks Karl

yes there is major chain hotels right in th area. few years ago we stayed in the holiday inn just a mile away next to the meijer. nice hotels and nice town .

HorseFixer

Yes there is a super 8 Motel right outside the back gate of the fairground. You can stagger :ychain: from the campsite with the fire to the Motel in a matter of minutes. :whistle:

Well anyways thats what Steveasourus and Joe Bob did. :eek:

~Duke

Martin

so what have you been up to today duke?

pics?

thinking about making the trip tomorrow, nothing to do around here except work on tractors...... :ychain:

HorseFixer

Well have been LAXIN for sure and thats not all bad, Thats the job I want to do absolutley nothing...... :eek: well except work on tractors! :) went to Charlotte today

and went to MJ's favorite store "Goodwill" :roll: she buys trinkets and sells them on flee bay so cant go to a new town wo going to a goodwill. Anyways it stormed like

crazy here last night and the ground really needed it. Right now figuring on dinner will be having Burgers, Grilled Potatoe Wedges and Grilled Corn. Feels like

A Capt'n Morgan night so me and the Capt'n will do some sailing! :whistle: Come on over early got you yer spot.

~Duke

stevasaurus

Dang it Duke, don't chop up all the tables before I get there...you are taking all the fun out of it. Kelly did not see the one you cut up...did he??

:bow-blue: OMG Are those road apple k-bobs on the grill?? :) Look great. See ya in a couple of days.

stevasaurus

thanks Karl

Super 8 is real nice and reasonable. right around the corner from the show...517-543-8288

Check Kelly's next post...the Super * is now America's Best. I hope it is the same phone #???

Kelly

Just wanted to let everyone know that Super 8 in Charlotte is no longer Super 8 it is now America's Best! If you make reservations on line it will make it for Charlotte North Carolina NOT Michigan. If you have made reservations online check it because it cost my parents a night before they didn't catch it so they couldn't cancel 24 hours ahead of the day.

HorseFixer

Looks like Brother Martin will be makin it here tomorrow. So maybe i can start tellin some lies by the campfire! :eusa-whistle: prolly hafta break out a QT of apple juice

and wash em down with some Brats............ Wait a minute I think I have that turned around....... :scratchead: oh well Im in the bag and going to bed thing I burnt up

to many Pic Nic tables and the paint or stain offa them got to me! :wacko:

~Duke

• Like 1

squonk

BRATS!!! :) :) :)

smoreau

I'm loaded and up and getting ready to go! Should be there soon!

stevasaurus

Bob...call me at home when you get a chance. Yours truly...Sally and Steve Asaurus. :)

great shot of the bacon and beans...no shortage of power in Michigan. :bow-blue:

perry

im loaded up and should be there around 5pm today.

SousaKerry

Loading tonight get trailer tomorrow first thing and should be there before noon if all goes well

HorseFixer

Posted some more pictures a few minutes ago go to the top of post to view new ones.

Thanks ~Duke

smoreau

Found this group of Wheel Horse misfits done took over my meals on wheels picnic table!

post-3231-134403262118_thumb.jpg

Took some more pre show pics also

post-3231-134403270585_thumb.jpg

post-3231-134403275381_thumb.jpg

post-3231-134403278516_thumb.jpg

post-3231-134403281837_thumb.jpg

post-3231-134403284792_thumb.jpg

Jake Kuhn

Just loaded the trailer about 15 mins ago. Had to harvest more berries again tonight. We should hopefully be leaving around 6:30 which should get us there just a little after 8. See you all there! ~Jake

Kelly

Remember the gates to the show area are locked at 8am you will have to unload in the parking area after that, and drive your tractors in.

I'll have my trailer in the parking area to put the 701 on.

Jake Kuhn

Well,we just got back from the show,it was a great show! Not as many tractors as last year but met tons of new faces! I also brought home a 875,I have been wanting one for a while and this one seemed like a pretty good deal,but it may need a trans,this one leaks oil pretty bad. I will try to get up a few of the pics I took(only a few) later. Jake