Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Possible 603 Purchase

T-Mo

I have a chance to buy this 603. The guy says it doesn't run, and the hood is a little dented. He bought it for his 6 year old son with plans to restore it for his son to ride in parades. But he's getting divorced and is moving to an apartment, so no room to store this. He asked me to make an offer, so I need to decide 1. if I want it and 2. what an reasonable offer for us both is.

Here are some pics he sent me:

williamb_004.jpg

williamb_003.jpg

williamb_006.jpg

williamb_005.jpg

williamb_001.jpg

Is that a dual wheel adapter I see in the last picture? B)

perry

nice find. looks to be all there B) . yes those are dual wheel adapters. same ones i have. i would offer him $100. but depends on how bad you want it.

combatmp29r

Is that a dual wheel adapter I see in the last picture? :whistle:

Yes oh yes it is Terry. Looks like the extra tires for the duals are there too B) It looks like a solid tractor. The hood can be straightened just ask Kelly B) I have no idea what to tell you to offer the guy though. The engine is mounted wrong for my estimatin skills B) I personally would go after it though B)

combatmp29r

Man that Perry is fast B)

TT

T-MO.... don't hesitate on this one!

Sell a JD if you have to, but no matter what, buy it! B)

Kelly

Send it up here I'll take it. you have to get it.

Teddy da Bear

Yes I thought it was missing the fenders. I bid $125.....Perry...your turn...lol

combatmp29r

They're not really missing Teddy unless I'm off my rocker from paint fumes they were an option.

TT

The 603's were the "left over parts, mix-n-match, stripped down, basic" tractors with the funky steering wheel. They didn't come with fenders or the toolbox, (no left side frame cover either) , but they could be added at extra cost. (but not the cover)

The toolbox on the ebay listing isn't 1964 either - it's '62 or '63. (the fender brackets are different)

DMESS

T-Mo, did you buy the dang thing yet? DON'T pass a 603 up. And guys, these didn't have fenders. B)

Jim_M

The toolbox on the ebay listing isn't 1964 either - it's '62 or '63. (the fender brackets are different)

I was thinking it's a 63. It looks identical to a couple of 63's that I have sitting here.

Rollerman

Terry thats a nice find....I'll 2nd,3rd,4th...what ever it's up to now....BUY IT!!

You don't see to many of them & probably even less in MO.

Looks to have a differant engine in it...thats not surpriseing though.

Do not post on Red Square again....till your ready to add pictures of it. B)

combatmp29r

Hopefully Terry's lack of response to this thread is because he is off picking it up. B)

BairleaFarm

Did anyone else notice the ags are on backwards? B)

TT

Well, T-MO.....

the suspense is killing us! B)

BPjunk

Terry,

The 603 you sent pictures of does have both of the hard to find parts for a model 603 with it, 1) the choke and throttle controll knobs 2) the half moon steering wheel. Granted the hood will need repair and maybe engine work but this is one of the more harder to find Wheel Horse models, plus the dual wheel adapters makes this a great find. I would see what the guy is willing sell it for ...... let him set the price. Also keep in mind the engine has been short blocked and let the seller know you know this.

If you do get this tractor keep the part number 4421 type foot rests on the tractor as they appear original, the early model 603's had the "foot print" type (part number 4200 and 4201). The seat should be changed to the square pan type (part number 3973).

And now just how hard is a model 603 to find .... I bet I have not seen 10 of these tractors in the past 10 years!

It is interesting to note that while Wheel Horse used up a stock pile of old parts to build this as a Economy Tractor ..... the hood is the first full round hood offered on the round hood models by Wheel Horse.

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

T-Mo

Well, I didn't buy it, but, it's going to a good home. B)

TT

OK......

So who got it then? B)

bluetuna08

did the wife bargain for it in the divorce?

DMESS

T-MO! B) :whistle:

combatmp29r

Terry do we have to get the lincoln out B):whistle: B)

Sparky

Well did at least a Redsquare guy get it??

Inquiring minds gotta know B) .

Mike.........

Duff

Maybe he's messin' with our minds, guys. B) He says he didn't "buy" it......but he doesn't say he didn't swap something for it, or, get this, talk the guy into giving it to him! He also doesn't say he didn't "get" it......only that it went to a good home.......

We'll see what he's up to.......hopefully sooner than later!

Duff :whistle:

T-Mo

I kind of don't want to let the cat out of the bag. But, let's just say that we should be seeing pictures of it after it makes it's way to it's new home. As to where that new home is, well, let's just say it is a member here. I said too much already. B)