Kelly

WH front-mounted 3000w generator value?

Kelly

What is a fair price for a WH 3000w gen in very good shape? no mounting hardware of any kind, I know depends on how bad you want it, and such, but I'm looking for a genral price, I know ebay they bring $300+ but this is priv. sale.

Teddy da Bear

For myself personally. It depends on condition. And do they really know what they have? Some people if they do not know what they have will sell low and you and they will be satisfied with the sale.

Of the ones that I have seen.....your price mentioned is in the ballpark.

But I would start low. Say $175 B)

HorseFixer

I wouldnt be afraid to pay the $ 300.00 but that depends on the wattage. Ive seen many go in the $ 300.00 range and it seems to be fair market value. Of course cheaper is allways better! B)

Duke

Sparky

I wouldnt go much over $150. The 3000 watt unit is only 120 volt and wont be much good if your gonna hook it to your house. My well pump is 240 volt so a 3000 watt WH generator wouldnt give me water.

For just having 120 volt power out in the field it would be great tho. The 3000 watt unit should give you 25 amps but is probably fused for 20 amps.

Mike...........

bowtieguy

No mounting bracket??....I'm bettin' you will pay more for the bracket than you will for a 3K WH gen!!!!.(if ya can find a bracket)

Now I'm not gonna tell you what I paid for a 3K Wheel Horse gen w/all the brackets, belt and original manual....but I will tell you that I work at TSC and with employee discount I could almost buy TWO of them China gen WITH ENGINE.

But you know how it is....sometimes ya just gotta have one....kinda like the mid-mount WH grader blade...wanted one so bad I could taste it...used it one time and all fun was gone, so sold it.....will probably do the same with this gen.....it had only been used 3 hours and was like new condition....bad part was frt company broke the adj knob off . :imstupid:

So based on my purchase, I'd say you will pay between 150 and 500 bucks if you can find one with all the brackets, belt and a manual.

Bid low and look for a bracket (I might know where to find one)......I only saw one gen at the 2006 show and it was priced at 425....at the 2008 show in PA last month I took a pic of the only one I saw....but it was in perfect condition...so was the tractor that it was mounted on...would sell mine for less than what he paid for it...(maybe,maybe)....:I might sell it to Jerry...it would look GOOD on his ole YELLAR WH tractor....is it OK if the WH attachment is worth more than the WH tractor???

Kelly

Frank I might want pic's of your mount bracket, and if you can get one I would be interested if the price is not to high.

I really don't need this, but wanted to add it to my list of imlements I have, and I'm getting a good deal on it.

I have 2 gen.'s to power my house or what ever, this will collect dust, but will be easier to move around so it might get used B)

Kelly

Oh ya Frank can you copy the manual for me? I'd pay you for it.

Sparky

I can get you some close up pics of the mount later but heres a couple I allready have.

Mike..........

111111002.jpg

2006_1118Image0002.jpg

Kelly

I'll post pic's later but the gen I just picked up looks alot diff. than that one.

Sparky

Kelly. Mine is a Generac 4000 watt-240 volt unit. I think it might have been a Sears attachment when first sold but the mount is genuine WH.

Mike.........

bowtieguy

Yepper, Kelly the pic of the bracket is correct.....but the 3K gen looks a little different than the 4K

Your 3K should have a belt sheild that covers up the pully on the gen and the instrument panel probably looks different...

Sorry but I have not taken time to learn how to send pics from my digital camera yet....but I will mail you a copy of the manual if you contact me direct with your address... frufenacht@blitz-it.net

The manual has a good layout of all the parts and their part numbers....it also lists a "lift rod" that looks like the lift rod w/flag on the WH snowthrowers, but I did not get the lift rod assy with my bracket....Bruce in CA advised me that I did not need it ...not sure what the purpose of the lift rod was for but the gen it so heavy, maybe the lift rod assy was used for the same purpose as on the snowthrower...

Because it carries the name of "lift rod" one should probably assume that it is just what it implies....it lifts the gen up to make it easier to attach to the front of the tractor B)

Will watch for your email

coalboss

Any one have any actual plans or measurements to make a mount for a generator; please send asap

thanks

Rob R

I made one using the attach-o-matic mount which I mounted on the front of a GT14 gen is from Harbor Freight.  Works great!

Gt 14 Gen Set (1).JPG

Gt 14 Gen Set (2).JPG

Gt 14 Gen Set (3).JPG

Gt 14 Gen Set (4).JPG

Gt 14 Gen Set (5).JPG

Gt 14 Gen Set (6).JPG

Gt 14 Gen Set (7).JPG

Gt 14 Gen Set (8).JPG

Gt 14 Gen Set (9).JPG

Gt 14 Gen Set (10).JPG

Wheel Horse Gen Set (2).JPG

• Like 3

ebinmaine
22 minutes ago, Rob R said:

made one 

Rob thanks for posting that.

I'm thinking of dedicating one of my tractors to be a mobile generator for us here. We do lose power four to six times a year here in the wooded mountains.

I have a 60s or 70s vintage Sears generator attachment already.

I need to have somebody make up one of these brackets for me...

Couple questions.

How do you know what belt length to use? Just a matter of experimentation and measurement I suppose.

Also, what keeps tension on the Belt while it is in operation?

Thanks a bunch.

Eric

Rob R
17 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Rob thanks for posting that.

I'm thinking of dedicating one of my tractors to be a mobile generator for us here. We do lose power four to six times a year here in the wooded mountains.

I have a 60s or 70s vintage Sears generator attachment already.

I need to have somebody make up one of these brackets for me...

Couple questions.

How do you know what belt length to use? Just a matter of experimentation and measurement I suppose.

Also, what keeps tension on the Belt while it is in operation?

Thanks a bunch.

Eric

Eric, if you look closely at I think the 2nd pic you will see I devised a bolt and welded nut with a locking nut so which I can tighten if needed this is one of the key reasons I used the 2 inch channel so that I could make this work easily.  I have a pretty good stock of belts and used one that fit within the parameters of the aforementioned nut ….. one of the great things is that so far I have used it quite a bit (with all the storms we have had) with zero issues and have never needed to tighten the belt once set-up....

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Rob R said:

Eric, if you look closely at I think the 2nd pic you will see I devised a bolt and welded nut with a locking nut so which I can tighten if needed this is one of the key reasons I used the 2 inch channel so that I could make this work easily.  I have a pretty good stock of belts and used one that fit within the parameters of the aforementioned nut ….. one of the great things is that so far I have used it quite a bit (with all the storms we have had) with zero issues and have never needed to tighten the belt once set-up....

I thought that's what I was seeing but I'm looking at it on a little smartphone screen

71_Bronco

Semi-related, came across a 5500 stand-alone Wheel Horse branded generator. Person is asking $350 for it. Has what looks like a pull-start brigs on it, and owner claims it runs well.

I know it's not really related to the 3,000 one you are asking about

• Like 1

c-series don

Here is my 3000 watt generator. I was in the right place at the right time and got two for $300. Sold one for $150 to my Wheel Horse buddy. That was with the bracket and correct Wheel Horse belt. 

image.jpeg

• Excellent 3