Sign in to follow this  
dave24

Springfield lawnmower, looks like a suburban

dave24

Hi, i just got this springfield lawnmower today. After cleaning the carb out, it ran great! I really have no information on it except it kinda looks like a suburban in some parts. I know there probably not related, but if anyone has any information it would help alot. thanks, dave.

309363_120701738074440_1647280930_n.jpg599409_120701788074435_1068898534_n.jpg483278_120701831407764_1881563711_n.jpg

RCTruckDaddy

I have one of those. Check my avatar pic. Mine is a '63. Model 63TE. The ID tag should be under the seat. Does tours have the Briggs engine? They are cute little tractors. I used mine to plow snow all winter 2 years ago with no problems.

Kelly

That is a clean little tractor, I had one years ago, mine had 36 on the side of the hood, I figured that was deck size, but was ruff, I stripped it and junked it, I wish I kept it.

RCTruckDaddy

I wish you had kept it too.

dave24

ya, myne has the briggs engine, ill check in the morning what the id tag says, i do recall seeing one there.

dave24

the model number is 62TE, anyone know what that means?

CasualObserver

If I had to guess, I would probably say it just meant 1962 Tractor with electric start, and the guy with the 63TE probably has a 1963 model with electric start. Springfields were made by Quick Manufacturing before being sold out to Toro just a few years later. If you try Toro customer service maybe you migt get something further. That is a nice example, you don't see too many of those.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk 2

RCTruckDaddy

Yep. You have a '62 Tractor Electric start. They also used a M if it came with a mower deck. That's a good little tractor. Mine has ag tires on the back and I had to change the seat this summer. I see you have the original with the back rest. Good find.

Don1977

" looks like a suburban" Dave have some one drive you down to the Optometrist you need glasses. :ROTF:

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Cute little machine....Good find!

Jake Kuhn

Thats a very nice tractor! You seem to be finding some really neat tractors lately. :bow-blue: Jake

Hammerhead

Yeh these Springfields are pretty cool and fairly rare too. I have 5 of them hoarded up, but they haven't caught on yet in the collector market. I'd sell all of mine if anybody wants them. They have mower decks on them. The 36 decal on the side was the 36 inch wide cut from the mower deck. They were made in Springfield Ohio by Quick Manufacturing Inc. The House of Power. Toro bought them out in about 1967 or 68. Most of the one's I have had been painted red over the years. Alot of people thought they were Wheel Horse's too. I have seen one restored Springfield that was awesome, orange paint with off white or cream color wheels. They had a white steering wheel that is the same as WH used, the center cap was the same too, no decal though. They also used the same Choke and Throttle parts as the 1963 WH Model 603 Special. Similar to the 1960 Suburban 400 and 550, but a little different. Now for the kicker, they actually were called a Suburban Tractor by Springfield!! I have several manuals and a big 3 ring binder with a ton of info and pics of these rare machines! Let me know if you need pics of the stuff. Keith