TJ

What Are You Listening To?

bottjernat1

I love this band to. In this moment!  They have alot of good tunes! If you like metal and a perdy lady singing!

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
31 minutes ago, bottjernat1 said:

In this moment

Absolutely agree. 

A strong female lead with a good metal band is AWESOME. 

AMC RULES

RIP Eddie Van Halen

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

19richie66

Yep.... too young. Lung cancer.

• Sad 3

ebinmaine

Always did LOVE that version. 

Great exhibition of Eddie and I've been a fan of Extreme since the early days as well. 

Thanks for posting that. 

• Like 1

bottjernat1

So I stumbled across this hit maker. LOL Zakk is a great guitar player. Even with this lit hello kitty guitar. LOL 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

Got to admire the dump trucks full of intestinal fortitude it takes to do something like that and let somebody record it....

19richie66

@ebinmaine

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine

@19richie66

Lovely stuff there. 

tunahead72

My wife and daughter and I were down at our place in the mountains of Virginia last weekend, working our tails off during the day, and eatin' good home cooking and sippin' wine most nights.  Last year I cobbled together a stereo system from a receiver and CD changer a good friend literally gave to me, and an old pair of KEF speakers that I bought several decades ago when I had a real job, it all sounds pretty good at this point.

There's a collection of small local radio stations down there that have banded together as Allegheny Mountain Radio, which is what I listen to almost exclusively when I'm there by myself.  But the ladies love country, so that's what we listen to when they're with me.  I'm not a fan, but I'll listen politely and try to block it out while I'm doing something else.  But one night I heard the haunting opening guitar riff and vocals from this song, and I perked up immediately, much more my style.  We heard it again the next night, and nobody minded that I cranked it up a bit...

--------

EDIT 10/10/20:  By the way, I believe the guy with the long beard playing guitar is Jeff Cease, who was the original lead guitarist for the Black Crowes way back when.

EDIT 10/29/20:  My apologies to @pullstart, who posted this same song (with lyrics) back in June.

Edited by tunahead72
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

AMC RULES

• Like 1

Tractorhead

What a great Workshop Soundtrack 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Now THIS is a light show!!

• Like 1

tunahead72

I read tonight that Arlo Guthrie just announced today that he's retiring from touring, which makes me sad.  I saw him perform a couple of times way back when, and listening to Alice's Restaurant has been a staple of my family's Thanksgiving day celebration for many years.

Here's a couple of my favorites...

tunahead72

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

@tunahead72

Love that cover. 

YT and other sites offer a fantastic venue for anyone to showcase what they have to offer. 

Some are good. Some are great. 

Some have an understanding of the instrument beyond what most others will ever be capable of comprehending.  

This young drummer is to percussion what someone the likes of Eddie Van Halen or Steve Vai is to a battle-axe with strings..

Here's a Boston song that REALLY lets her shine:

• Like 2

tunahead72

Your might get a kick out of this one too, barefoot no less.

• Excellent 2

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, tunahead72 said:

Your might get a kick out of this one too, barefoot no less.

Got to be quite an honor to get complimentary review from the original player.....

• Like 1

tom2p

any Foo Fighters fans ?

great acoustic cover of Everlong :

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
On 10/10/2020 at 1:40 AM, tunahead72 said:

My wife and daughter and I were down at our place in the mountains of Virginia last weekend, working our tails off during the day, and eatin' good home cooking and sippin' wine most nights.  Last year I cobbled together a stereo system from a receiver and CD changer a good friend literally gave to me, and an old pair of KEF speakers that I bought several decades ago when I had a real job, it all sounds pretty good at this point.

There's a collection of small local radio stations down there that have banded together as Allegheny Mountain Radio, which is what I listen to almost exclusively when I'm there by myself.  But the ladies love country, so that's what we listen to when they're with me.  I'm not a fan, but I'll listen politely and try to block it out while I'm doing something else.  But one night I heard the haunting opening guitar riff and vocals from this song, and I perked up immediately, much more my style.  We heard it again the next night, and nobody minded that I cranked it up a bit...

--------

EDIT 10/10/20:  By the way, I believe the guy with the long beard playing guitar is Jeff Cease, who was the original lead guitarist for the Black Crowes way back when.

EDIT 10/29/20:  My apologies to @pullstart, who posted this same song (with lyrics) back in June.

“Blow the speakers Right outta this car!”

his lyrics are so spot on, all the time!  You deserve to crank it as much as you’d like, my Bose system often gets a healthy work out!

• Like 2

Razorback

This is definitely a trip down memory lane. We were at a friend’s house last night and he had some Christmas music playing on Pandora. One of the songs made me think of what our family would listen to at Christmas time when I was a kid.

if you’re old enough to remember the old Wards Airline console stereos, imagine this playing on LP vinyl on the turntable.

This is from a guy named Dick Leibert, who was the organist at Radio City Music Hall for a LONG time. For me, to get the full effect of this, use some earbuds to listen to it and hear all of the sounds this ONE person gets out of a huge old organ.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFFOKA7HfI&list=PLnT0kgC-XqPLavREiq_zGblCwZKXcFQbD&index=3

AMC RULES

• Like 1

19richie66

Edited by 19richie66

19richie66

I could listen to vocal-less Van Halen all day long. 

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1