Sign in to follow this  
redhorse100

312-8 deck belt

redhorse100

hi just picked up a 89 312-8 yesterday with a 37 inch mower deck and on the toro site which has changed a bit. i can not find the belt number for the deck . it lists the mule drive belt but not the deck. does anybody know the belt number or size of the belt thanks joe w

TT

A 37" deck (if that is what you actually have) only has one belt.

It goes from the PTO pulley, around the tensioner at the front of the tractor frame, between the idler pulleys at the top front of the deck, and around both spindle pulleys.

If you have the model number, go HERE and enter it in the appropriate box to access the parts list.

redhorse100

thanks for the info just got wheel horse yesterday. thats why the toro lists only one belt number thanks i will look at mower deck tomorrow when it stops raining thanks joe w

Duff

Like TT says, the 37" SD has only a single belt. If yours is an '89, it should have a six-sided belt (if the belt itself is missing, check to see if all your pulleys are "vee" type - that's for the six-sided belt. The Toro number will be 111178, and they are not cheap but VERY durable! If one of the mule drive pulleys is flat, it's another belt number I don't have at my fingertips. If the tag is gone from your deck, try 05-37SC01 on the Toro parts viewer.

Duff :thumbs:

• Like 1