Lane Ranger

Finally Picked up a very good Wheel Horse Garden Tiller!

Lane Ranger

I finally found a very nice Wheel Horse garden tiller implement with the idler pulley Mid-A-Tach, the idler pulley belt guard and belt. I have a rear axle bracket to attach this to one of our tractors -probably a C model with a little more HP than a B-100.

The guy I bought it from had it on his C-160 and showed me how well it operated and how easy it was to set up on the tractor. He had the long belt for it that is also in good condition.

This thing fit nicely in the trunk of a 2005 Camry with no problem !

dscn0337.jpg

dscn0335.jpg

dscn0334.jpg

dscn0336.jpg

dscn0338.jpg

dscn0338.jpg

• Like 1

Sparky

I dont how much more HP you need than 10? I know we have a couple guys here running tillers with only 8hp.

Either way, nice find.

Mike.............

stevebo

i run my tiller on my 310 with no problem.

Forest Road

Great find! I've seen them run with a 10hp at 1/2 throttle. Have fun!

Lane Ranger

Thanks guys for the info. I am looking forward to using it.

kpinnc

Same here- I use mine on my 310-8, and I'd swear I could till pavement with it.

10hp will be plenty!

B-100 Dan

Great find, and with all the pieces too!!! Don't worry about that B-100 having enough power to run it, it has MORE than enough to do the job. I'd love to have one, just have to keep beating the bushes.

• Like 1

MalMac

Of all the different tractors I have used to till with I use my 8hp C-81 the most. It tills up just as good as my 520's do. Using a whole lot less gas for the same amount of work being done.

can whlvr

hey lane,i see on the pics that your tiller does not have the spring bar called the lift arm,i looked on parts tree for mine and its part number 104823,no longer avaiable,so if you need the pic for it with a tape measure beside i will do it later this week,very easy to fabricate

Lane Ranger

Actually Don it does have the l shaped piece attached to the tiller that the eye bolt and spring lift assist attach to. I just noticed it on there cleaning the thing the other day.

The pice I am going to fabricate is the angle iron piece that attaches to the top of the rear attachment hitch that goes on the axles. Apparently, the spring attachs direct to it with a small hole drilled int he angle iron.

I am thinking of using my 1976 B-100 as a dedicated tractor for this. Thanks for the tip though, from what I hear the spring assist is helpful to lifting on a non hydro lift tractor!

Tankman

Nice find! Good luck with your "BIGGER" garden! :greetings-clappingyellow:

bowtiebutler956

Nice find! Looks to be in great shap! :text-datsphatyo:

Matt :flags-texas:

can whlvr

ya the spring really helps

brandonozz

I ran my tiller with a C120 and had plenty of power. I use the tiller to work my garden but also to till small food plots. I get a little impatient while tilling the plots (they take a while) and sometimes go a little too fast. I bet a 10 HP will work great. The additional HP doesn't help if you cant get it to the ground and what I have found is when you go too fast in hard ground the belt will slip long before you bog down the engine. Enjoy the "dirt slinging."

• Like 1

Davey

Does any know the length of the belt for c-81 wheelhorse rottotiller

Wheel-N-It

I use mine on the 12hp Wheel Horse you see in my Avatar. It works great being powered by a 12hp Kohler. I see no reason why yours will not till just as good being powered by a 10hp Kohler. You are gonna really like how nicely it will break up your garden.

brandonozz

I have a question about the "spring assist" for you guys that have them and possibly have used the tiller without the spring. I don't have one on mine and really dont have any problem lifting the tiller (now the turn plow is a different story) but with the spring do you find that the tiller doesn't till as deep as it would without the spring? I didn't know if any lift may make the tiller ride a little higher when moving forward.

I know there are some tillers (like a pull behind craftsman) that actually recommend adding extra weight to the tiller to push it down if needed.

rick

Interesting question- I may sell my Wheel Horse tiller, since it won't till as deeply as my Troy-Bilt Horse tiller. Maybe someone has the answer...

Bigwhip

Do you know by chance what the part number is on the flat guide pulley that attaches to the tiller it's self as mine locked up and I am looking for a new one? Thanks Tom

jachady

I run my tillers with no lift spring. I found that with the spring if the tiller hits harder ground, it won't dig in as much. It also really causes the tiller to bounce when you hit a rock or other hard item. If you can't lift the tiller, then thats another story. However, without yhe spring you may need to gusset your lift arm as it will bend over time causing the thumb release to jam.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

gwest_ca

Do you know by chance what the part number is on the flat guide pulley that attaches to the tiller it's self as mine locked up and I am looking for a new one? Thanks Tom

Tom,

Tell us more like what tractor this is on or a model number on the tiller.

Garry

AMC RULES

Another really nice  :wh: score there Lane.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Olratlr

Really good find now enjoy.