Sign in to follow this  
Crow Horse

Converting Old Deck to Attach-A-Matic System...?

Crow Horse

Can this be done? I'm considering the below 36" deck that came off an 800 Auto to put under my B-80. Is it doable and what exactly would be required? My current 36" SD deck has given up the ghost.......

post-1576-0-32681000-1342385546.jpg

All Good Medicine,

Crow

squonk

I know the front pin will go into the tach o matic. If you take the lift bar off your tractor that lift rod on the deck should go in the hole on your rock shaft. Might not hang just right in the up position but I don't see why it wouldn't work but I may be wrong.

Sparky

I don't see why you can't just strip all the mounting hardware off the decks and put the newer mounting hardware on the older deck :scratchead: . Might have to drill out a few mounting holes but the deck shells must be the same.......right?

Mike.............

Crow Horse

the deck shells are different part numbers, probably because of the different mounting systems and the holes required for them. Other than that, they appear to be the same.... I was thinking the same thing. Swap mounting hardware over and rill holes as required....

Ed Kennell

I put a deck with this mounting system on my C-160.

I had to jack up the front end to get it under, and the front pin did fit in the tach o matic.

The lift rod can be adjusted to fit, but mine only had about one inch of travel from full down to full up.

The curved channel part hits something on the tractor -- forget where it interferes.

I have the deck off now for major rehab.

smoreau

I have done this with a 48" deck and it turned out great! I stripped down both decks and used paper templates to make all the holes in the right spots. then I welded up the old holes, painted and reassembled it.

redhorse100

if you dont use this deck. and you want to sell it you can contact redhorse100 i will buy it thanks joe w

Crow Horse

It is done. After looking over the different mounting systems, I opted to use the attach-a-matic mounting from my old deck. Took a lot of measuring, but it works like a charm. There were a couple of issues in doing this. The most notable was the front mounting as the bolts I used to secure it just interfered with the baffling (don't know the correct term for it) on the underside. I got it to work and it does work and cut well. For me, this was a major score as it only cost me $65 for the deck and it needed only minor repairs. I'll keep it in service till the off season when I can strip it down, sandblast, and weld in a couple of small patches. I'm undecided if I'll powder-coat the top and POR15 the underside. Powder-coating doesn't cost me anything as that's the area I work in. Thanks for everyone's input......

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

That POR -15 is worth the money for the underside . Cleans off nice at the end of the season or if you mow wet grass -which none of us have been able to do this year!!