Sign in to follow this  
alan8three73

Cessna 20200-19c Hydraulic Pump for FEL - Reversed?

alan8three73

Hi - i have an odd situation. My D250 has a front loader and the cessna pump mounted where the bosch pump for the front hydraulics would have sat. The bosch is removed and replaced with the cessna to drive the FEL only - no other hydraulics. I want to mount this on the front PTO as was originally designed, but if i do that the pump will spin in reverse direction because it will now be facing the opposite direction. So my question is... can i just swap the in/out lines and this should work once its mounted in the front? Or is this not the original pump that wheel horse shipped with the FEL package? Generally, can you swap the in/out lines on these pumps?

Thanks!

KC9KAS

The cessna pump web site for a gear pump shows a left OR right rotation so I would think that a gear pump has to be turned in the correct direction.

Not sure on a vain pump. It may pump fluid, but NOT the volume or pressure needed.

alan8three73

So this is a gear pump? What link did you find this information on? Thanks!

alan8three73

So this means also that this is not the original pump that came with the FEL (07-72FL01) since it's mounted 'backwards' but properly working. Does anyone know what the original pump was that worked with the D-250's? Thanks!