Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Portable Garages

Sparky

Heres a link to the Shelter King site.

http://www.shelterking.com/

On the main page the one with a green Ford Mustang parked in it is the one I have.

Mike.......

nylyon

I like that motorcycle cover, I wonder if that would work on a tractor?

T-Mo

I kind of like the one on the top right with the 'Vette in it, the "House Style" 1 Car Garage.

Mike,

I've downloaded the instructions on the "Round Style" (the one you have). It looks sort of confusing as I was looking at the instructions. It says to place the anchors on the inside. How did you do that with the deck you built in place?

Sparky

Terry, my neighbor has 2 of the style you like(with the Vette in it) and let me tell you that he is constantly brushing off the snow that collects on em both. Unfortunately he isnt allways fast enough at getting the snow off and the material has started to "sag" between the supports. I suppose it could be tightened but I like the No-Maintainance shed myself.

The anchors they give ya are like stakes that you drive in the ground to prevent it from blowing away. I didnt use those. I used "L" brackets that I lagged into the deck and screwed into the base of the legs or poles.

Mike.........bring on the wind :D

T-Mo

Mike,

I wondered if that style would be more prone for snow to accumulate more, though being in this area that might not be a problem.

On the anchors, I did noticed they had "anchor bolts" for concrete, so I was thinking if you could get it fasten to the floor then the anchors might not be needed. Thanks for confirming that.

T-Mo

Mike,

This looks like the one you have - including the 1 5/8 dia galvanized steel pipe and the 10 oz material.

12 x 20 x 8 garage

Is it is, that's the cheapest price I've found so far.

TN CRAWLER

T S C STORES HAS A 12' X 20' FOR $300.00 REAL CHEEP . FOR MY MONEY I GOT A 18' X 20' STEEL GARAGE ROLL UP DOOR 9' WIDE X 7' HIGH, 36" SERVICE DOOR, AND A NICE WINDOW, 3,OOO. VERY NICE

T N CRAWLER :D

T-Mo

T S C STORES HAS A 12' X 20' FOR $300.00 REAL CHEEP . FOR MY MONEY I GOT A 18' X 20' STEEL GARAGE ROLL UP DOOR 9' WIDE X 7' HIGH, 36" SERVICE DOOR, AND A NICE WINDOW, 3,OOO. VERY NICE

T N CRAWLER :D

Now you're making feel bad. :P Or is it cheep? :(

Sparky

Looks like mine. I have a "Shelter King" brand, not sure what brand the one is you linked. I dont have that elaborate front door/rope system to hold it open. My door just rolls up and is secured in the up position by 2 bungee balls.

Mike........

T-Mo

Looks like mine. I have a "Shelter King" brand, not sure what brand the one is you linked. I dont have that elaborate front door/rope system to hold it open. My door just rolls up and is secured in the up position by 2 bungee balls.

Mike........

Mike,

I'm not sure. But what made me think it might be same as yours is the weight of the material is the same, the OD of the pipe is the same and it even states, as does the shelter king website, that it's made from galvanized steel pipe, not just coated (same wording). Also, when you click on the more photos link, there's the same picture that's on the shelter king website of the mustang in one. So, I'm thinking it is a shelter king model. Though I don't know how they can sell it for $110 less than the manufacturer can.

BTW, that elaborate door system looks to be an option for $50. Shelter King has that option also for $65. I'm really starting to think it's the same one.

Curmudgeon

Be careful of "cheap", sometimes you get just that. Now if it's a quality unit of the same manufacture that happens to be sold at a lower markup, that's one thing. But I know of a "cheap" shelter that came down halfway through the first winter, when a more mid-priced one still stands several years later.

Dale

T-Mo

If I bought that one I would want to verify who the manufacturer is - if it's not Shelter King (which is now MDM Shelters) then I'll pass on it.

kj4kicks

Though I don't know how they can sell it for $110 less than the manufacturer can.

Manufactures often do that simply to protect their retailers. In return, the retailers don't get p*****d when the manufacturer under-cuts them.

Just like HP computer products. You can buy them through their website at retail, or go to wally world and pay alot less.

Eldon.

T-Mo

I emailed them and asked who is the manufacturer of this one (the one that looks like Mike's). Here's their response back to me:

That model is made in China for MDM Shelters/ShelterKing and brought to

states for distribution.

Now, my question is this: Is all MDMs/Shelter Kings shelters made in China? Or is this one inferior?