Sign in to follow this  
Paul D.

Saw my first D series

Paul D.

Had never seen a D series before but my wait is over. Was on my way to the butcher shop and there it sat with a for sale sign on it. A 1976 D 250! Seemed to be in very good condition but a little out of my price range. I don't know if $4000 is out of line for a tractor of that quality but it's out of my budget. I will be by there early next week again and I will try to snap a picture but that was a nice looking tractor

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

canam1991

better be restored to the last bolt lol for that price 800-1750 is normal depending what it has

Kelly

and a D250 isnot the normal D, it is all by it's self the other D's look nothing like it.

546cowboy

Just to refresh everyone's memory this is Roy and Betty Stewardson's 1976 D-250 from up in Canada. They have some of the nicest Wheel Horses I've ever seen up close.Roy and Betty Stewardson

post-1334-0-44422400-1341437915.jpg

• Like 1

Paul D.

I don't believe it was restored. It appeared to be original. I think it had just been garage kept and WELL taken care of. It had a homemade wooden box on the back for hauling (about 30 x 30) and a ball o the front for pulling a trailer around. The only rough spot I say was the seat. It was original and had some cracking in it. Like I said before, way out of my price range but still really neat to see one of the rare ones.

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

redhorse100

that is one nice looking d-250. wow would love oneof these!!!

varosd

So at $4K for this D250 vs $5.5K for that NOS D180 which to buy (as if any of us have that kinda money to spend!)???!!????

I would pick the D250. my 2 cents

MarkPalmer

Which one to buy (obviously neither in my poor little world) would be very dependent on what I wanted to do with it. For a strict trailer queen show tractor, the D250 is hands down the unique beast to have as its such an oddball. But if I had any plans at all to use the tractor, that NOS D180 would be the one as it's not so rare and parts are much more easily obtained than with the Europe built and sourced D250.

-Mark-

JackC

Nice picture of the D250. Looks like it is in show room condition. Thanks.