Sign in to follow this  
alan8three73

D250 Front End Loader Pump Mounting Coupling

alan8three73

I'm looking to build my own front mounting bracket for the hydraulic pump to run my 07-72FL01 front end loader for a D-250. I can probably get that built tomorrow fairly easily but i'm having trouble figuring out how to couple the front PTO to the cessna pump. The manual calls for these two parts...

Toro Consumer 230943

Pump Mounting Bracket

Toro Consumer 230944

Pump Coupling

I can't seem to find the coupling anywhere online and Toro doesn't even sell it. Anyone know where i can find one or how to make one? I have the snowblower coupling and universal joint but i dont want to remove the coupling for the pto and cut it to attach to the pump pulley (it's too long). I'd buy on oneline if its reasonable and it actually exists!?

This is a link to a pic of what I need...

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/arndts/d%20wheelhorse%20loaders/?action=view&current=2b87_3.jpg

Thanks in advance!

1maidenfan

I'm looking to build my own front mounting bracket for the hydraulic pump to run my 07-72FL01 front end loader for a D-250. I can probably get that built tomorrow fairly easily but i'm having trouble figuring out how to couple the front PTO to the cessna pump. The manual calls for these two parts...

Toro Consumer 230943

Pump Mounting Bracket

Toro Consumer230944

Pump Coupling

I can't seem to find the coupling anywhere online and Toro doesn't even sell it. Anyone know where i can find one or how to make one? I have the snowblower coupling and universal joint but i dont want to remove the coupling for the pto and cut it to attach to the pump pulley (it's too long). I'd buy on oneline if its reasonable and it actually exists!?

This is a link to a pic of what I need...

http://s285.photobuc...rent=2b87_3.jpg

Thanks in advance!

That coupler looks alot like the steering coupler on my dodge power wagon steering shaft. Wonder if you could use some thing like that? :confusion-shrug: :twocents-02cents:

JamesBe1

It look like a generic coupler. Something similar to this:

http://www.bare-co.com/files/pto2002/pto11a.htm

It also looks a lot like the engine to hydro pump coupler on the other D-Series tractors. I see the couplers on ebay often.

alan8three73

I went all over today looking for a coupline to make this work. None of the ones i found will fit....they're too big. i think they're 1 3/8" .... anyone know the size of the d250's spline? i want to try to special order something to make this work.

Also the cessna pump shaft measures just a bit more than 1/2" in diameter - is it possible this is metric? Complicating this coupling thing that much more!? I want to get this connected with one piece from the pto shaft to the pump if possible.

Thanks

alan8three73

I think i need a slip clutch for the D-250 front pto to make this work - i see the snowblower comes with one of these but the other end goes to the snow blower and not the pulley for a hydraulic pump. Does anyone know where i can find a spare slip clutch? More importantly, what is the size of the front PTO shaft diameter? It looks like it might be metric? I have a 1 1/8" adapter that fits onto the pto shaft but is very loose - could the shaft be only 1", or 1 1/16", or more likely metric, given that Gutbrod built it in germany?

Thanks

RPJ

If it is a Gutbrod you could ask on the new Gutbrod Owner's web site at www.gutbrod.co - There are loads of manuals and parts lists and people who may be able to help. 

Cheers

RPJ

wallfish

Maybe you can find something here -- https://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.asp?keyword=PSF3&catname=powerTrans&PAGELEN=20&PageNo=1

They sell these in metric and spline sizes too but don't know what the size of the D shaft is. I always referred to them as lovejoy connections.

I think the slip clutch you are referring to is the pto clutch to engage and disengage attachments. It's not necessary for the hydro pump but could be a nice feature if you can add one.

baerpath

Very easy just use a Lovejoy coupler thats what we have on our D250 with the loader. They have the correct size