Sign in to follow this  
IBleedRed

1054 Now and Then

IBleedRed

So awhile back I posted a topic called " Modification Dilema" where I asked whether or not I should cut the fenders on my 1054 to accommodate some taller tires. In the end I ended up cutting the fenders, only to realize later that the tire were way to damn tall as they stood at 32" compared to the factory 26/27". About a month later the 12hp Kohler I had put on it started to smoke like a chimney and I knew it was time for a total redo of the machine.

Jump to a couple weeks ago I began pulling it all apart for a fresh coat of paint, newer 16hp twin Briggs, swapping the 4 lug hubs for a pair of 5 lugs, and finally a set of 26x12x12 Ags. The engine proved to be the biggest challenge as it was way longer and wider than the original Kohler. For the width I bolted on a piece of angle to the side of the frame, but for the length I had to make brackets to extend the 50# grill 5" ahead. For extra support and to have a place to bolt on the hood I ran a piece of 1" flat stock from the grill to the tower.

With all the modifications came a drastic new look. Let me know what y'all think. If I ever get decals made up for it I'm gonna call it a

Wheel Horse 1054 "Low Boy"

post-5838-0-28401200-1338746252_thumb.jp

post-5838-0-70645700-1338746315_thumb.jp

post-5838-0-78459700-1338746331_thumb.jp

bowtiebutler956

:scared-eek: That's a beast, I like it! :text-datsphatyo: It would be neat if you built a hood extension to close the gap, but other than that I think its a tuff looking :wh: ! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 1

Sparky

Are you runnin it with those two straight pipes? No mufflers at all? Must be plenty loud!

Mike...........

Jake Kuhn

That thing sure is unique,pretty cool looking! :handgestures-thumbup: Jake

IBleedRed

Thanks for the comments. It is quite the beast but its a ways from being finished. The gap in the hood is a future project once I get a better welder (my 110v flux core welder burns through it to easily), same thing with the muffler. Its also a little slow at the moment as I need a step pulley so I can run the pump and the trans axle at the right speeds. Tonight I'll post some pics of it with the loader.

Thought I would throw some pictures of the 3 point up since the first ones didn't really show it.

post-5838-0-25467500-1338761315_thumb.jp

post-5838-0-93344000-1338761341_thumb.jp

post-5838-0-41892100-1338761363_thumb.jp

Alan_Heist

I LIKE it!!!

rexman72

very nice tractor

IBleedRed

Thanks again for the comments. Finished up with the loader today and got it mounted back on the machine. The bucket may look a little big, but it's only made of 1/16" steel and is pretty light for its size. I plan on making a heavy duty bucket whenever I come across some steel for it. Adjustable forks are also on the to do list.

post-5838-0-60261000-1338770594_thumb.jp

AMC RULES

Yeah, looks bada$$ with the FEL installed.

I'm definitely diggin' it IBR.

Jake Kuhn

Wow,that loader and 3 point sure make it look like a beast!

IBleedRed

I guess I'll rap up this update with some future ideas/ projects, of which I can only hope to get to sometime this decade:

Hood Lengthening

Muffler

Decals

Forks

HD Bucket

Wider Front Tires

Power Steering

Backhoe

And about 10 other things I can't think of at the moment.

Again, thanks for the comments.