Sign in to follow this  
Doubletrouble

Just wanted to share some pics. My great grandpa and granpa's big tractors.

Doubletrouble

I recently moved into my grandparents farm house, they have been gone for awhile now and a recent turn of events landed me back in my favorite childhood place... Grandma and grandpa's house. My grandpa's tractors are still here, two of which were puchased new by my great grandpa when he lived here. All three have been on the property since new. My great grandpa purchased the '38 Massey Harris 101 super and the Massey Harris Pony (year unknown). My grandpa bought the International Harvester model H in '47.

I have some pics, some are as they sat in the barn, So far I have the 101 running and outside, the other two will be longer projects.

First the pony

post-1672-0-79271600-1338567800_thumb.jp

The Model H

post-1672-0-68767400-1338567852_thumb.jp

And the 101 super (inside the barn)

post-1672-0-56849100-1338567897_thumb.jp

And the 101 super after I got her running and my uncle drove her out under her own power

post-1672-0-41019900-1338567947.jpg

Let me know what ya think, I'll try to keep posting pics when they are outside to produce a much better picture.

• Like 2

312Hydro

Wow,Classic iron with a lot of history! You'll want to keep us posted as you work on them. Thanks for sharing and that 101 is pretty interesting.

Wheel Horse Kid

Great Story and Pictures! This really reminds me of my Grandpa and Grandma's place. They live on a farm with a farm house and a barn. My Grandpa has always really liked farm tractors. He probably has 15-20 of them. Most of them are the old Farmall tractors, but he does have an Oliver, a Allis Chalmers, and also a Massey Harris that he put a V-8 in. He said that it would do 55 or 60 mph back in the day! My grandpa was the one who taught me how to drive a farm tractor when I was little. Well now my Grandpa and Grandma are in their mid 80's and Grandpa really does not use or run most of the tractors anymore, except for the little Allis Chalmers that he uses for mowing. Hopefully, someday I will be able to have the tractors and enjoy them just like he has for so many years!

Sparky

Very cool!

Have fun gettin em up and running. I bet yer grandpa is smiling down on you as you tinker.

Mike............

AMC RULES

I can't wait to see some more.

Doubletrouble

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure grandpa is happy to see them slowly coming back to life. I have to get the radiator fixed on the 101 and I'll be working her soon after. I am picking up a 6ft. bushhog mower to pull behind it (run off the PTO) so I can cut the pasture grass down. We have about 4-5 acres of over grown pasture to deal with. I cant wait to spend some time on that old seat. My face will hurt from smiling so much! The little pny accually has a sicklebar mower that mounts under the belly also.

Wheel Horse Kid

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure grandpa is happy to see them slowly coming back to life. I have to get the radiator fixed on the 101 and I'll be working her soon after. I am picking up a 6ft. bushhog mower to pull behind it (run off the PTO) so I can cut the pasture grass down. We have about 4-5 acres of over grown pasture to deal with. I cant wait to spend some time on that old seat. My face will hurt from smiling so much! The little pny accually has a sicklebar mower that mounts under the belly also.

I am sure your grandpa would be proud of you. That 6ft bushhog mower sounds like an awesome idea!!!! What a cool way to put the Massey 101 back to work (and also to get the great seat time)!! Keep us updated on your progress with the tractors!

jay in nc

i also am a massey-harris junky, i have a 54 model 33 diesel & a gas 33 parts tractor And a 56 model #16 pacer, which is just a bigger pony with better hydryolics & more hp. you have a nice bunch of tractors. have you found the side covers to the 101 super? the tractor will look great with them installed. you dont want to buy a set BIG BUCKS!!!!!! Jay

decksetter

Nice Collection!!! My brother has the '49 Oliver 77 that my grandpa bought new, and my uncle has the '36 Case CC that my other grandpa bought new. I love to see people bringing the old iron back to life.

Jake Kuhn

:text-coolphotos:

bowtiebutler956

I love stories like that!!! That is some very cool old iron, and please keep us posted as you get them fixed up! :text-datsphatyo:

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 1

Doubletrouble

Jay, I wish I did still have the side covers. They were here years ago. I have no idea what happened to them. I'm sure they are hi-dollar if I could even find a set. I would look way cool with them in place though.

I picked up the "bushhog" today. It wasnt a bushhog brand though. The tag and gearbox say "service" on them. I have a pic or two below if anyone recognizes it.

post-1672-0-95851500-1338677050.jpg

post-1672-0-04893800-1338677089.jpg

Wheel Horse Kid

Don't recognize the mower brand, but it looks like it can get the job done!

Doubletrouble

The tag on the mower reads(now that I've seen it in the daylight) "Servis equipment co." out of texas.

bowtiebutler956

Well, at least you know its well built, coming from Texas and all! :ychain:

Matt :flags-texas:

Doubletrouble

LOL bowtie. I did a little research. The Servis name is part of a company called Rhino now. The mower is a CY60 (60" cut) It has one large hub under it with a blade swinging on each side. It seems like a rather stout machine. It weighs in at about 1000lbs. according to the website I found. Most it seems were made for a 3 point set up but this one goes on a drawbar. I'm thinking it is an older model before the merge of Servis and Rhino. The serial # is rather low at 2312. I can't wait to hook it up to the Massey and give it a try.

• Like 1

Rooster

Awesome!

Wheel Horse Kid

Any progress with the tractors????

Doubletrouble

Took the radiator for the Massey 101 to the shop for repair on wednesday. I'm hoping to hear from them today so I can pick it up. Once I get that back it's just a matter of putting her back together and it'll run. I haven't been able to get to the other two yet. Unfortunately I lost my job now so progress will be very slow at best. Once I get back to work (soon I hope) then I'll get things caught back up and resume work on them. I will keep you posted and supply some pictures also. Once the Massey is up and running I'll be pulling the mower behind it to cut the pasture down and get some pictures of the old girl at work once again. I've also started a little side project with my uncle. We are trying to get his mid-60's john deere 2010 up and running also. At least while I'm off work I wont be short of things to do.

Wheel Horse Kid

Took the radiator for the Massey 101 to the shop for repair on wednesday. I'm hoping to hear from them today so I can pick it up. Once I get that back it's just a matter of putting her back together and it'll run. I haven't been able to get to the other two yet. Unfortunately I lost my job now so progress will be very slow at best. Once I get back to work (soon I hope) then I'll get things caught back up and resume work on them. I will keep you posted and supply some pictures also. Once the Massey is up and running I'll be pulling the mower behind it to cut the pasture down and get some pictures of the old girl at work once again. I've also started a little side project with my uncle. We are trying to get his mid-60's john deere 2010 up and running also. At least while I'm off work I wont be short of things to do.

Sorry to hear that you lost your job. That is always a hard thing to go through. Hope you find work soon! Keep us updated with any further progress on the tractors!

Doubletrouble

I finally got the radiator back from the shop today. I have it back in the Massey and had it running for a few minutes today. I want to run it some more before I put the hood and grill back on it. Then I'll have to try out that mower I picked up.

6wheeler

Good luck on the job hunt. That old iron can't be beat. I just drove one of my uncles Minneapolis Moline "R" tractors in the parade last saturday. He has about 20 of them. All restored. I am going out there this weekend and I will see if he has some side covers for your 101. He had one for restoration that we were all done with the tranny and engine, just getting it ready for paint. Last fall his shop got hit by lightning and sadly, the Massey along with 10 other JD's and Allis Chalmers and MM's and 1 H were destroyed in the fire. I think the side covers were sitting on sawhorses(I just was sanding on them the day before) and I don't remember what condition they were in when we dragged all of the charred carcasses into the pasture. Maybe they are still useable if they are there. Pat

Doubletrouble

Thats a shame 6wheeler. Sorry to hear about the fire. let me know if you happen across those side covers. Thanks.