Sign in to follow this  
BarryS

My name is Barry...

BarryS

...I'm in Sussex, UK; and I have a 312-8.

I don't know how old it is but it has serial number e112k802 35261, with a 42" cutting deck E542MS01 15273

Jake Kuhn

:WRS: Barry,you will find lots of friendly members here that can help you out on here. Jake

Anglo Traction

Hi Barry,

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:Good to have you onboard. Oh and we would like pictures when your settled with this Forum.

It look's like your Tractor's Model number could be 21-12k802 ? . If it is, it's a 1986 Model, Can't find any with a prefix letter 'e'. However , if you have the Engine Spec and Serial number, we can be pretty sure..........

As long as it is the original one .

Where in Sussex are you located ?.

Regards

AMC RULES

Hey Barry :WRS:

BarryS

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Richard, I'm east of Haywards Heath.

My tractor was stored outside for a few years, and only recently has it had a shed to keep the elements off, consequently it's not as beautiful as some of those I've seen on here :notworthy:

Anyhow, here it is:

post-7418-0-71079300-1337613030.jpg

and here's the Id from under the seat:

post-7418-0-05510900-1337613105.jpg

It has a 42" side discharge deck, discharging on the right, which is also where the height adjustment is:

post-7418-0-01314000-1337613106.jpg

and here's the id tag for the deck:

post-7418-0-82704600-1337613106.jpg

As you can see, the shell of the deck needs replacing; the neglect and rust has allowed the height adjustment quadrant to move away from the lever and the pin and spring have made their rather successful bid for freedom along with some of the bolts that hold the belt guards in place. If anyone in the UK can identify the shell part number, and even better, recommend a supplier, I'll gladly buy them a pint or two at Ardingly.

Barry

pmackellow

Hi Barry, it will be good to meet with you at Ardingly, do come and say hello !

I will be the fat one running around looking stressed !!

BarryS

I'll be another fat one, relaxing with a pint in his hand ;)

pmackellow

I'll be another fat one, relaxing with a pint in his hand ;)

Sounds good to me !!

meadowfield

Hi Barry,

welcome to the group! Richard is right with the numbers... The E prefix might signify Europe or Export - we have a lot discussions on the randomness/untraceability of model numbers...

hopefully see you at Ardingly, we'll be the muscular yorkshiremen (with beers in hand)

mark

neil

Welcome to eurohorse Bazzer

bowtiebutler956

:WRS: Barry! That is a solid looking :wh: you have there! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

wheeledhorseman

HI Barry

Good to have another member from 'darn sarf' - don't forget to add your 'pin' to the member map and look forward to meeting up at Ardingly.

BTW nice tractor and that deck looks repairable to me.

Andy

Anglo Traction

Ok Barry,

Sussed out the Date of your 312-8. The scheduled build was on 14th April 1989. The Model number is typed as E1-12K802 (ignore the Serial number) when searching on Toro's Website for Part numbers/Manuals

Your Deck's scheduled build date was 5th Oct 1988. The Model number is typed as E5-42MS01 when searching Toro's Website (ignore the Serial number).

User and Service Manuals are available from Toro for both.

Oh , and I'm pretty local to you , I May be able to help out with some of your missing Bolts etc).

Sparky

:WRS:

Mike........

darren

Welcome to Redsquare Barry. it's great to see another UK member on the forum :handgestures-thumbup: (especially a fellow 312-8 owner, there're a few of us now!)

Second Andy's opinion re the deck. It looks in relatively good shape. I'd pay good money for a 42" SD deck like that..

If the rest of it is in as good shape, you may find getting the deck stripped down and cleaned, then re-inforced around the height-adjust lever a good option. I'm not sure whether new shells are still available in the UK, but I'd imagine the price might be pretty eye-watering if they are.

BarryS

Blimey Darren, I didn't expect to find you on here!

This place is as helpful as Blatchat and I'm flattered by the welcome and information received from everyone and I'm really looking forward to meeting up at Ardingly now.

I had seen that the shell was listed at about $760 on one of the sites that I looked at, but with the encouragement of folks on here it looks like I might try to get it cleaned up reinforced,repainted and look after it a bit better than it has been in the past.

As I'm a bit ham-fisted, does anyone have any tips as to how best to clean a deck up without making it more Emmental-like?

Stigian

HI Barry, welcome to Redsquare. Good to have another "down sarf" member aboard, I see your not far over the border from me in Kent.

Nice 312 by the way :thumbs:

farmer

Hello Barry, and :WRS: I'd say the 312 is one of the best all round late model :wh: 's, the 12 horse engine is powerful enough without hurting your wallet and the manual trans will go on and on.

If you can Mig weld (or know someone who can) your deck looks very repairable, do a search in implements....lots of tips and pointers there. :thumbs:

BarryS

Hi Rex, thank you; love your avatar !

darren

Good grief!, Hi Barry. I didn't realise it was you! :greetings-waveyellow:

It's really great to 'see' you again. I'd have thought you had your hands too full with Blatchat to have any past times :ychain: Glad to see you've got some time to spend with the Wheelhorse. Redsquare certainly has the same friendly and helpful atmosphere that you'll have been used to; you couldn't find a more helpful bunch.

I'll be back on BC soon again by the way; I've sorely missed the car since selling it and I'll be getting another when I can. I've also missed the se7ens banter :)

Bobie01

:WRS:

wheeledhorseman

As I'm a bit ham-fisted, does anyone have any tips as to how best to clean a deck up without making it more Emmental-like?

Check out this resto thread by Lars in Norway.

BTW I'll be starting the resto of a 42" SD sometime soon as well.

Andy

• Like 1

Lars

Check out this resto thread by Lars in Norway.

BTW I'll be starting the resto of a 42" SD sometime soon as well.

Andy

Thanks Andy..

Welcome to EuroHorse Barry Nice to have another member from europe.. :)

BarryS

Thanks Andy, Lars and Bobie01.

That's a great thread Lars :bow-blue:

I'll have to take mine off and take some photographs. I know that it will need some areas cutting out and replacing, and I'm not sure how intact the baffles are, they will probably need re-making. :techie-eureka: I'll have to make friends with a welder ;)

fordsonmajortom

Hi Barry .

Welcome, you must be pretty close to me as i am located near Uckfield.

Michael