Tim

craigs list

Tgtack

I contacted a guy a little over a week ago on CL about an add for a bunch of parts and a roller. Didn't take paypal, told him it was a 3+ hour drive, and it wouldn't be till weekend before I could come.  Told him that I would mail him a $50 money order if he would pull the ad. Got the money order, sent him a pic of it, and he immediately pulled the ad. Showed up 5 days later, and stuff was better than I expected. (I had several conversations and checked out his FB page before I ever offered the MO). So you do have some people good to their word.

On the flip side, when I sold my Ranch King a couple weeks ago (was a great deal), my phone blew up with people trying to one up the other. Right before the first person I promised it to showed up, someone called and offered about 25% over the price trying to buy it out from under the guy who was on his way. Told them, that would not be right, and being a Christian, doing so would compromise my beliefs, and my word. Guy showed up on time, and when I told him about what happened, he was amazed that I didn't take the other offer and give him the shaft.  Needless to say he was very happy, the less than scrupulous person, not so much!

• Like 1

Stepney

I absolutely hate it.. sometimes I love it, but usually I hate it. I have so many no shows it's not even funny. I've got a Horse up there right now and I'm honestly beginning to wonder if it's a curse. 17 people I've had interested in it, 15 of which had plans to show.. and haven't. A 15.00 push mower or something.. fine I expect a few people like that.. but usually I wouldn't expect such issues with the topic of a 51 year old tractor. 

And trust me.. being a member of the vintage snowmobile squad.. I've gotten some ludicrous trade offers, even when I clearly state I have no interest. I notice it seems to get worse with every passing year.