Sign in to follow this  
mrc

tiller seals???

mrc

hi guys, i have a tiller that is leaking gear oil from the tiller gearbox. it is leaking from the left side stub shaft. (if you are behind the tractor looking at the tiller). i assume there is an oil seal surrounding the stub shaft in the gear box housing. do any of you know the seal dimensions or a part number??? preferably a napa, carquest crossover number??? thank you in advance for your help. mike in mass.

can whlvr

i just did mine yesterday on a tiller from 1975,i took the seal to the bearing store and they hooked me up with a timken seal thats 3/4 inside,1 inch outside and about an 1/8 thick,the timken number is 312518 .750x1.00x0.125,sorry dont know if you can cross to napa or carquest,maybe they can cross referance

Wheel-N-It

Hey guys, I need that number too. The left side seal on my year model 1991 tiller is leaking. I have to keep it raised up in the air to keep the gear oil from running out.

Mike, remember to put 90w/140w back in your tiller unless you know for sure yours requires something different.

My tiller gearbox is nice and quiet with Lucas gear oil in it.

Van

can whlvr

thats a very common sized bearing,if noone has the other numbers im sure they can cross referance the timken number,i recommend you guys go to a bearing shop,they will have these on the shelf,i paid 8 bucks and they were better than the toro seal,which only lasted one year

Wheel-N-It

Thank you CW !

gwgdog66

Looks like a Napa 7408

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Result.aspx?Ntt=312518&Ntk=Interchange+Number&Nty=1&Dn=0&D=312518&Dk=1&Dp=3&N=0

mrc

hi guys, my tiller is different. the decal says toro/wh so i'm assuming its newer??? any way shaft size is 1.250 hole in gearbox is 1.500 for reference national seal # 343186. i will pick them up tomorrow and hopefully solve the leak. mike in mass.

pfrederi

That should be the correct seal for a 77-36TL01 tiller. (at least it is the one I used and is listed in teh bearing reference pinned in the tranny section.

It is WH # 103118 CR/SKF 12330

Giving the model number of the tiller helps us give you better help.

mrc

hi pfrederi, the tiller has no I.D. tag on it. wish it did. mike in mass.

mrc

hi guys bought seals at napa. box says napa/skf #12330. seal measures I.D. @ 1.250 O.D. @1.505 definitetely stopped the leak . regards mike in mass.

Michaelzz28
On 4/12/2012 at 11:07 PM, Wheel-N-It said:

Hey guys, I need that number too. The left side seal on my year model 1991 tiller is leaking. I have to keep it raised up in the air to keep the gear oil from running out.

Mike, remember to put 90w/140w back in your tiller unless you know for sure yours requires something different.

My tiller gearbox is nice and quiet with Lucas gear oil in it.

Van

Your a betting man than me I can not hear anything when the tractor is running it I just use the cheap gear oil