Sign in to follow this  
oldnugly

My C-100 gets a job

oldnugly

My C-100-8 has been needing something to do. This week it got a chance. My Deere LT was out of commission so I put a 42in. deck on the C-100. The Deere is a 2-blade(new blades) and the Horse has 3-blades.

I know lots of folks mow with their Wheel Horses but I kinda hesitate to use one for something as boring as mowing but it had to be done. When I made the first pass with the C-100, I was amazed! It was doing a much better job than the Deere!

How can a 3-blade do a better mow than a 2-blade if the blades are equallly sharp? Blade speed? What else?

AMC RULES

Boring? :scratchead:

I've always thought of mowing with a :wh: as entertainment. :popcorn:

1maidenfan

It's a horse...A Wheel Horse of coarse! :twocents-02cents: :wwp:

bowtiebutler956

I don't know why a 3 blade would cut better than a 2, but I know my :wh: puts down a golf coarse quality cut, and its anything but boaring. Maybe a little stressful when I see a new scratch, but definatley not boring. Glad to here she's doing her job well. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

can whlvr

nope not boring to me either,look forward to it actually,i even switch machines for a different feeling,like a 1975 c to a 1989 414

Hodge71

I use mowing as my zen time.... Almost like meditation....

tgranthamfd

Bet the quality of the cut has more to do with everything being set up right and adjusted out correctly. I have been mowing with 2 of mine and we use 3 different ones from my brothers stock, all weekend long. The last month it has been every weekend, as well.

leeave96

I have always got the feeling from reading various other color (and Red) tractor forums that the Wheelhorse deck is the worst cut of the heavy garden tractors. My Wheelhorse tractors give a terrific cut. I especially like the ground supported deck. Speaking of ground supported decks, the garden tractor that gets the super high for cut ratings is Simplicity. Their decks are ground supported, similar to Wheelhorse (I've got a Simplicity Sovereign in Agco Allis colors). If Wheelhorse had put rollers across the back like Simplicity, I'd imagine the WH cut would be much better received. Having said that, I've also got a cheap Cub Cadet LTX 1042 lawn tractor. I bought this for my Wife to mow with (and to keep others off my WH tractors and in doing so, keeping the sheet metal on the front of my hoods straight). That Cub Cadet is an MTD painted white and yellow. It cuts better than ANY tractor I've ever used - go figure.

Bill

speedyleedy

Dont ever worry about mowing with your horse they like grass ! :laughing-rofl:

gwgdog66

If the Wheel Horse deck is set up properly they do lay down one sweet looking cut. Like Hodge said its my Zen time also.

AMC RULES

I wonder if there is a striping kit available, maybe could be modified to fit our :wh: decks? :scratchead:

• Like 1

can whlvr

soon im gonna attemp to put a homemade stripper on a 42 side deck,ive got the roller now just need some time to fab it up

Hydro

I love the way my Wheel Horse cuts, that's what mine gets used for mainly.

bowtiebutler956

I love the way my Wheel Horse cuts, that's what mine gets used for mainly.

Same Here. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

KyBlue

I mow my 1.25 Acres every week with my lil 36" RD deck ... I'll put the quality of cut up against any other machine ... that is unless I've been slacking and the grass is as tall as the front tires ... Then it struggles a bit ...

Wheel Horse Kid

Boring? :scratchead:

I've always thought of mowing with a :wh: as entertainment. :popcorn:

Oh, how I agree!!! Mowing grass is a stress relief for me!!!! I could mow grass every day of the week and still love doing it! :laughing-rofl:

kadetklapp

The only thing my Horse can do wonderfully is mow. It's little patchwork deck mows more smoothly than my 2007 John Deere ever did. can't wait to get the motor back together and mow with it again.

6wheeler

I have 2 horses and 2 deeres. The horses cut much nicer. But my 48" Yellow deck cuts "almost" as nice. Seems funny though, If I put the 48" WH deck on the 520, It mows the nicest of all. I use the same deck on the 165 and it seems different. Maybe the 520 spins it faster. I have a 60" deck for it that I have yet to use (just got it). From what I have read on here, I don't know if it will be as nice. I mowed yesterday, first time I can remember mowing April 1st. I used the 165 and 48" deck. No work today so, the 165 will be aereating. The 520 is relegated to garden duty for now, No grass, only dirt :greetings-clappingyellow: