rmaynard

Will Gas Prices Keep You From The Show?

Trouty56

The lowest price of gas is $3.10 by me right now.

And you don't even have to pimp your gas. Last time I was in New Jersey gas was cheaper than in PA and the attendant pumped it for me...lol. That was 10 years ago.

AMC RULES

have to pimp your gas.

Humm, where is this typo? :ROTF:

• Like 1

Ken B

They sure do stick it to us CT boys on gas prices, the cheapest near me is 3.75 and my truck won't run on that crap....

Fun Engineer

I used the gasbuddy.com to calculate my fuel use and was feeling pretty good. Forgot to calculate in my trailer pulling mileage. Ouch :crying-yellow:

Sparky

Gas doesn't seem to be the issue for me this year. Instead my truck has needed $1300 in "upkeep" in the last week :banghead: . Oh well, I'll still be there!

Mike............

CRE1992

Gas is now down to $3.08 here. Lol maybe I should fill up a couple 5 gallon cans for some fellow members.

MikesRJ

Gas prices won;t keep me away, but an emergency at work sure has. I won't be ablke to camp this yearl, but will probably be there on Saturday morning.

squonk

Gas prices won;t keep me away, but an emergency at work sure has. I won't be ablke to camp this yearl, but will probably be there on Saturday morning.

That's too bad. :sad: They are trying the damndest at work trying to break enough refrigeration equipment in the past week to justify an emergency but I don't care. Either I go on my planned vacation or I go on an extended unplanned vacation! :thumbs:

Sparky

Gas is now down to $3.08 here. Lol maybe I should fill up a couple 5 gallon cans for some fellow members.

Thats great to hear, but I usually make it from Ct. thru NY and NJ and dont need gas till I'm deep into PA (34 gallon tank). Wonder what the going rate is for gas just off the highway in PA?

Mike.........

CRE1992

New low price! I am so glad, I love Costco!

250340a8.jpg

Rooster

You should check out Gasbuddy.com

You can put your vehicle info in there, tank size and MPG and plan a trip.

I have saved as much as $50 on a trip using it.

It will tell you where to fill up and sometimes tells you where to top off to get to the next fill up cheapest!

CRE1992

And you don't even have to pimp your gas. Last time I was in New Jersey gas was cheaper than in PA and the attendant pumped it for me...lol. That was 10 years ago.

They still do! Its required by law, and its down to $3.07 lol

stevebo

I was a few towns away today and found diesel down to $3.71 per gallon. Had to stop...

VinsRJ

Come on, this is a joke...... Only Sat?

MikesRJ

Come on, this is a joke...... Only Sat?

... and Saturday doesn't even look promising ...

rmaynard

albsign.png.c9257873baeb1c409e17aa23dec9adf3.png

I'm resurrecting this 10 year old thread since it seems timely. With current gas prices averaging about $3.60 for regular now with no end in sight and no plan for relief, what price per gallon will be your limit and prevent you from driving to the big show? I'm lucky because I am close and even though regular gas is predicted by GasBuddy to be around $4.00 by Memorial day, I won't be happy, but I will be okay. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

rjg854

As they say, "it is what it is" even tho it's about 300 miles, it'll only add maybe an extra $40 at most, round trip.

Going to the show, and seeing the people is well worth that little bit of extra cost. I guess it just depends how you look at it.  

• Excellent 4

squonk

:text-yeahthat: If the Big Show and seeing friends once a year isn't worth the $50-$150 to make the trip, Stay home and look at the pics on the forum!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

rmaynard

A agree with those sentiments, but 10 years ago there were several folks that I was eager to meet who just could not afford the trip. Many on here are on fixed incomes. If I didn't live close by, that would be me. :(

• Haha 1

WHX??

It ain't gas I'm worried about it's diesel... 3.89 here now but regular is up to 3.44.  Hi test for the Horses is over 4. 

squonk

I'm on fixed income. Sold a few things I didn't need anymore. If you want it bad enough, there's a way.

• Like 2

Stormin

A gallon of diesel over in the UK will skin you for $9-33. Only shows near to home for me now. Going to miss a few people. :(

• Sad 4

Handy Don

Short answer: No.

AMC RULES

What do you think?

Remember, the Ride-Away Senior is the featured model this year.   :scared-eek:

• Excellent 2

WHX??

This I did not know Madge ...gonna be four there fer sure then not counting the Hosen's lever steer. 

• Thanks 1