rmaynard

Will Gas Prices Keep You From The Show?

Ken B

Here is one way I'm trying to look at it, I'm going to take advantage of the LOW cost of 4.15 a gallon and get to the show this yr! What is to say that next yr. it won't be 5.50 a gallon? What then? My 10 yr. old son is looking forward to this show big time, as am I. We had a blast at the show a few yrs. ago hangin with the Bo's and that is where he fell in love with the 520's, thanks to Stevebo letting him ride his around! I also have my truck getting 13.5 mpg now while towing a 520 on a 4x8 trailer this past weekend. 15 mpg empty.

stevebo

Ken,

Good to see you are planning on attending with Cole this year. Brennan will have a blast with Cole. We may have one or two tractors too many to ride together this year but not sure. I plan on bringing the 56 RJ35 and 59 RJ along with attachments for Justjeepin (Pat). We may have room??

Ken B

Knock on wood! 3.87 a gallon now in CT. I might even be able to pony up for some high octane in Big Red. I hope so, he runs like horse crap on 87! I gotta be able to keep up to Stevebo's Big Whitey diesel super deluxe (very big) on the hills or I'll never hear the end of it!

CRE1992

Ken,

Good to see you are planning on attending with Cole this year. Brennan will have a blast with Cole. We may have one or two tractors too many to ride together this year but not sure. I plan on bringing the 56 RJ35 and 59 RJ along with attachments for Justjeepin (Pat). We may have room??

Well Steve, :banana-tux: that means I can leave my 418A home, and go with an empty pick up to bring parts and other stuff home and ride one of your 40 tractors around :ychain: :happy-jumpeveryone:

Trouty56

Locally prices for gas are hovering around 3.40-.50 a gallon. Got it for 3.36 in Carlisle the other day. Chambersburg should be the same.

Rooster

Well I must say YES! I have tried and tried and every way it comes back I just cannot afford the trip!

CRE1992

Well I must say YES! I have tried and tried and every way it comes back I just cannot afford the trip!

Carpool?

Rooster

Carpool?

uMM, YEAH....ANYONE ELSE FROM kANSAS GOING? LOL

CRE1992

What about driving to another state meeting up with a fellow member? Lol. Btw Steve said he could bring back the engines for you.

Rooster

What about driving to another state meeting up with a fellow member? Lol. Btw Steve said he could bring back the engines for you.

That would be a possibility....anyone wanna haul a wayward bird to PA? rofl!

And Thanks Steve!

Rooster

Anyone know what Kind of mileage a 1046 gets?

:eusa-think:

Jake Kuhn

Rooster,leave today and you might make it,just take a trailer to keep a can in and you can fill it up every time you go by a gas station :ychain: Wish i could make it but the time with the farm and body shop,plus the price of gas and hotel rooms it is not going to be possible. Hopefully someday I will be able to make it to the show but probably not this year. Jake

Sparky

Yep, the dropping gas prices are real good news!! I'll have wee bit more spending cash for "stuff"!

Comparing $4.15/gall and $3.80/gall I'm looking at having an extra $26.oo. Not life changing but I'd rather buy red stuff than more gas.

Mike..............

whfan74

Every little bit helps us. Just went to trusty old www.gasbuddy.com and filled out the trip calculator and entered our own information. Looks as though we are hovering right around $400 for our round trip. A couple of months ago it came out to be $485. Few more weeks to keep dropping for us. We won't complain! :)

bowtieguy

Rooster....did you check airfare prices?...in 2010 I flew from KCI to Baltimore for 59 bucks each way then drove to Arendtsville....cost me more than that to drive to KCI and park for 3 days~!......back then we had Reagon as president, Mr Pond, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash....now we don't have any leaders and no hope and no cash

• Like 1

AMC RULES

...back then we had Reagon as president, Mr Pond, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash...

now we don't have any leaders and no hope and no cash.

Time for some change...like...put some back into our pockets.

Rooster

I have pretty much given up on making the show.

As some of you guys know, GT collecting is my "2nd" hobby, my biggest passion is Mower Racing and I travel alot for that.

My budget just does not allow for a trip this long even for racing let alone for GT's.

So for now I will just have to try to make shows closer to me when I can and racing schedule allows.

I will make "The Big Show" one of these days, but not this year!

stevasaurus

Rooster, get a hold of Monk, a possibility of you 2 riding together. :)

Rooster

Coolness!

jimt1971

Rooster you coming to the show?

Rooster

Working on it, but not sure.

Have a lot going on right now and funds are low, low low! LOL

wildbro

Lucky for me I only live in York. I'll be there !!!

Trouty56

3.23 in Carlisle today...could be 3 bucks by show time....

• Like 1

AMC RULES

3.23 in Carlisle today...could be 3 bucks by show time....

That would be really cool...and if I may, refer back to post #47 of this thread.

CRE1992

The lowest price of gas is $3.10 by me right now.