rmaynard

Will Gas Prices Keep You From The Show?

SylvanLakeWH
8 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Will pay $35-$45 for a fifth but won’t pay $5.00 for a gallon of diesel :laughing-rolling:

I don’t understand… what’s your point…? 

:confusion-confused:

:orcs-cheers:

• Haha 6

WHX??
12 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Will pay $35-$45 for a fifth but won’t pay $5.00 for a gallon of diesel :laughing-rolling:

Man has got to have his priorities.... made Achto a drink once with diesel .... that didn't go well...... :laughing-rolling: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

oliver2-44

Saw gas was 3.49.9 at Walmart today. 

squonk

Cheaper than here.

DougC

Somebody always has to point out political stuff in here.......:disgust:

edited by stevasaurus...the political post is hid.  :thumbs:

8ntruck

Went to get blood drawn this morning for labs.  I noticed that the gas went up about 10% in the last day or two - went from $3.99 to $4.39!  I noted that my blood pressure was higher than usual when they checked it.

Did some looking on the interweb when I got home.  Seems that crude prices jumped about 12% from pre March prices and gas jumped about 20% from pre March prices.

At least we are still cheaper than Europe.

The Big Show is on my want list.  Don't know if I'll make it this year.  I'm planning on going to the GS Nationals in a couple of weeks - if the weather looks good.

• Like 1

Dan.gerous
1 hour ago, 8ntruck said:

Went to get blood drawn this morning for labs.  I noticed that the gas went up about 10% in the last day or two - went from $3.99 to $4.39!  I noted that my blood pressure was higher than usual when they checked it.

Did some looking on the interweb when I got home.  Seems that crude prices jumped about 12% from pre March prices and gas jumped about 20% from pre March prices.

At least we are still cheaper than Europe.

The Big Show is on my want list.  Don't know if I'll make it this year.  I'm planning on going to the GS Nationals in a couple of weeks - if the weather looks good.

Very rough, but I think we are paying about $8 a gallon over here in Scotland - makes you think twice about driving anywhere unless totally necessary.

• Sad 2

rmaynard

I have to make a trip to PA tomorrow. Filling up here at $4.17/gas. PA prices are now around $4.39 where I'm headed. :sad:

• Sad 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

I'll be at the BS come heck or high water. Glad I don't use diesel over $5.00 here.     

• Like 2

squonk
13 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I'll be at the BS come heck or high water. Glad I don't use diesel over $5.00 here.     

$6.00 here! Makes no sense. A buck 90 more than gas! And the Diesel fanboys blow by my house with the coal rollin and the turbo's whining! :rolleyes:

Edited by squonk
  • Haha 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

Back in the good ole days , diesel was a lot cheap than gas . What happened   to cause the higher price ?

• Like 2

squonk

Tuner kits and YT videos

• Like 2

Handy Don

Diesel always had higher energy content than gasoline. The lower price was partly due to lower refining cost, less "shrinkage" (i.e. less evaporation during shipping and handling), and, for a long time, lower taxation to support trucking.

• Like 2

19richie66

Try buying a gallon of antifreeze….$16.99 a gallon for full strength. :scratchead:

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Pullstart
On 5/4/2022 at 1:18 PM, 19richie66 said:

Try buying a gallon of antifreeze….$16.99 a gallon for full strength. :scratchead:

Yeah, what’s the deal with that?  With my 4th or 5th engine project draining coolant lately, I think I should filter it somehow and re-run it!  I’m sitting on a hundred bucks worth of 5 gallon pails and couple hundred in fluids!

• Haha 1

WHX??

@Achto texted me this.... :lol:

123951.jpg

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1
  • Heart 1

Achto

@WHX??

A co-worker went to DC last weekend Diesel was around $5.60 on the turnpike. Higher in IL and as he got closer to DC

• Sad 2

adsm08
On 5/4/2022 at 8:56 AM, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Back in the good ole days , diesel was a lot cheap than gas . What happened   to cause the higher price ?

On 5/4/2022 at 11:29 AM, Handy Don said:

Diesel always had higher energy content than gasoline. The lower price was partly due to lower refining cost, less "shrinkage" (i.e. less evaporation during shipping and handling), and, for a long time, lower taxation to support trucking.

Partly what Don said.

Also the new sulfur standards didn't help. Sulfur was left in the diesel because it helped with lubricity. New EPA standards required almost no sulfur be left in in, which means more refining, but also that something had to be put in it to replace that lubricating quality. Similar to when they banned lead in gas, except that was at an anti-knock additive.

adsm08

Well the trip to the show isn't much longer than my commute to work.

I'm really hoping to have this other tractor done by then, maybe I'll actually bring some tractors to the show to show.

• Excellent 1

stevebo

I just booked the hotel room for Tuesday night in Gettysburg… battlefield tour Wednesday then stay at the usual spot in Chambersburg and meet up with you all Wednesday night at the hotel to catch up and have our usual parking lot social. 

I am looking forward to having some of that good stuff Mrs Pullstart brings.

• Like 2

953 nut

Took a long weekend in Florida and paid $ 3.69 on the way down in GA and $ 3.99 a few days later on the return  trip. Gas in FL and in NC is about a half dollar more.

• Sad 2

rmaynard

This morning, here in Maryland, regular is $4.59, diesel is $6.00.

Gettysburg, Pa regular is $4.75, diesel is $6.29.

:(

• Sad 1

adsm08
15 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

This morning, here in Maryland, regular is $4.59, diesel is $6.00.

Gettysburg, Pa regular is $4.75, diesel is $6.29.

:(

Wife said yesterday the station by her office in Camp Hill was $4.86 for 87 Octane. Ethanol testing we've been doing at work for rich/lean issues says the "E10 Max" fuels are trending closer to 20% alcohol too.

• Sad 3

SylvanLakeWH

Today in SE Michigan… :(

Ugh.

48FC9E2D-EA58-4826-B4E3-011DBDE37FB8.jpeg

• Sad 2

Handy Don
On 5/18/2022 at 11:04 AM, adsm08 said:

Wife said yesterday the station by her office in Camp Hill was $4.86 for 87 Octane. Ethanol testing we've been doing at work for rich/lean issues says the "E10 Max" fuels are trending closer to 20% alcohol too.

Yep, since that rule change the refiners are upping the ethanol and the fuel economy is falling accordingly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1