Sign in to follow this  
njdpo

Will this deck fit a Commando 800

njdpo

Hi all.

I have a Commando 800 which has a badly rotted mower deck and am trying to find a replacement for the rear discarge unit I have on it.

Tractor:

- MODEL: 1 0110 7

- S.Num: 895226

Mower Deck (mine - badly rotted)

- Model 50620 7

- Size - 36+- inches

I am looking at a mower deck on the internet ( number 0536MR04 81392 ) and I am wondering ...

- how big is this mower deck (if its much larger than my 36 - I probably will pass, as my little 8hp might have trouble running it).

- will it fit my 800 ?

ALSO - if you are aware of a replacement deck in the Northern NJ area - please let me know.

Thanks - Dave

Sparky

The deck your asking about is a 36" rear discharge so its the same size as your rotted one. Its an Attach-a-Matic era deck meaning its for the 1973 and up B, C, 300, 400 machines. The one you posted was built between 1986-1990.

I'm thinking its not going to work for you.

Mike...........

Kelly

no it will not work with out adding the new style PTO, and a few other things.

njdpo

Kelly / Sparky - thanks for your feedback.

The 800 runs so well - I'd really like to get it back into service for the summer months.

If you dont mind - let me put a different spin on this effort of getting my 800 back in business for the summer months...

The rotted deck I have is "complete" and operational ... (complete - except for the massive holes in it :)

Im now wondering if I might be able to swap the parts and such to the newer deck - and get around any compatability issues...

Your thoughts on the matter greatly appreciated.

-Dave

Nick

I would think the deck would fit a 1972 Commando 800. :eusa-think:

Found a picture of my Commando 800

b59a84c7.jpg

njdpo

Hi Nick - Yup that 800 looks very much like mine - except for the tires... I like those fronts...

Nick - If you'd like to send that mower deck over to me - Ill gladly give it a loving home...

might as well send me those front wheels/tires too... That seat looks like its in nice... ...

Oh heck just send the whole thing over !!!

Anyway -

Im gonna try and visit the seller - take my deck with me (along with a tape measure) and see how far off the two units are from each other...

Maybe I can assemble myself a nice unit from the both of them (fingers crossed).

As always - your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Dave