Sign in to follow this  
perry

stihl chainsaw wont start

perry

picked up a free stihl 011 chainsaw. its in like new condition, but it wont fire .

its got good compression{150psi}, lots of spark, and everything is clean, but it just wont start. wont even make any signs of starting. even with a shot of either right in the cylinder.

now if i have air, spark and compression the darn thing should start. the only thing i can think of is its not getting enough air , or the coil wire is arcing out when i put it back together. when i pull the plug its wet, yet i still have spark B) . i also checked the crank keyway to see if it shifted but its good. pulled the muffler to make sure it was'nt plugged. tryed 4 different spark plugs. what the heck am i missing :whistle: .

Rollerman

Condensor maybe? B)

Mith

Check you dont have any play in the big or small end. You dont have to have much and it just wont run, or it wont run very well.

And throw that can of ether away, it has no place anywhere near small engines IMO, especially 2 strokes. Only use for ether is starting a diesel that you cant get enough heat into the fuel to get it to fire.

I'm assuming that it isnt flooding? You said the plug was wet

linen beige

now if i have air, spark and compression the darn thing should start.

Not if you don't add fuel! B)

And all these have to be in the right amount at the right time.

It could be flooding, the coil wire could be shorting, or it is not timed right.