Sign in to follow this  
perry

need a electric diode

perry

anybody have a source where i can find a new diode for my century battery charger model # 141-060 ?.

the diode # is 160K 30 8230 mexico.

it says mine has been discontinued B) .

parts list link -

http://www.centurytool.net/141_060_Solar_6...harger_s/45.htm

bat-charge003-1.jpg

linen beige

A diode is really just a one way valve for electricity (unless you're talking zener diodes in timer/flasher circuits). Any diode that is rated for enough working voltage (pass through) and has a high enough inverse voltage resistance (able to prevent juice from flowing backwards) will work. Don't be fooled by the size of the old one, electronics have been miniaturized tremendously since that charger was built. You may try Radio Shack first, and if they don't have any that work check some of the online shops. A radio/T.V. repair shop that has been around awhile just might have something in the old stock also. Good luck and let us know what you find.

illinilefttackle

B) Perry-Way back when I had an Auto Repair Shop-I had a century go out on me-(nearly same design as yours)- 2 blocks down the road was an Electric Co. I knew the owner-he said he would look at it for me. When he brought it back, it worked as good as new. He said he replaced my diodes when diodes meant for a welder. It is still working today, so he must have known what he was doing. AL :whistle:

perry

all this is new to me. its kinda cool B) . been learning alot about how the testing and such works.

here is what i was told i need to find.

TOM R wrote : IR is International Rectifier

In the part number

16 = average forward current rating x 10 (160 Amp rating)

0 =