Sign in to follow this  
Buzz

New (to me) Truck

Buzz

My daughter just bought a 2009 Dodge Journey. Very nice. My wife went with her while she did the final paperwork and while there she saw this. Well my trusty old 1990 Chevy Van is getting tired (175,000 miles) and since Carol broke her back last year she had a hard time getting in it. She called me and said she found a new toy for me, she knew I'd like the color B) It's a 2005 with 32,000 miles and is showroom condition inside and out. Has the small 4.7L V-8 (289 cu. in.), automatic, four wheel drive, and tow package. i'm happy. this will be the first time since 1968 that i don't own a van..... gonna take some getting used to.

IMG_1623-1.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg

Nick

Very nice looking truck there Buzz. :whistle: Cant beat having the wife call you in to get it. B) Now the truck could be better if it was a Ford but at least 289 is an ole Ford engine size. B)

kpinnc

Nice truck Buzz!

Kevin

TT

Way to GRAB LIFE BY THE HORNS, Buzz! B)

I guess that's better than the If you can't Dodge it, Ram it saying. B)

So much for the old "one room hotel on wheels" though. :whistle:

DOC in Kentucky

Nice lookin truck Buzz. I have the almost identical truck and same color except the 04 model. Just turned over 24k mile on the trip to the show. I don't drive it much as you can tell - 4 years old and only 24k miles. I will tell you that mine doesn't get very good mileage, and if you turn the AC on you can just about see the fuel gauge go down.

Great truck other then that.

Good Luck with it.

T-Mo

Nice looking truck, Buzz. I also have a Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 with the 4.7. Nice trucks, nice size. Mine pulls my 14 foot trailer with ease, even when loaded.

Buzz

So much for the old "one room hotel on wheels" though. :whistle:

That's going screw up my sleeping arrangements at the show. B) I can either motel it or keep an eye out for the "end of season" tent sales. Used to keep complete changes of clothing in the van for every season/weather condition for when I went to different shows. Might have to pack a little bag to throw in during show season. As far as gas mileage........... luckily it's only 8 miles round trip to work. I've only driven it around 100 miles so waiting for my next fill up to check for mileage.

KyBlue

Prettty SWEET new wheels!!

DMESS

Very nice Buzz. You could always put a topper on it and throw in an air matress for the shows. It ain't the Ritz, but it beats the rain and mosquitos!

Buzz

You could always put a topper on it and throw in an air matress for the shows.

It has the short bed........and I have long legs. Pretty sure a new tent and sleeping bag is in my future. B)

Nick

Buzz, You might want to look around for truck tents. Prices look to be in the mid $200 and up on the tents. They work with the tailgat down and I think some might have a screened area on the ground behind the truck also. Try these links:

Dakota truck tent $199

JC whitney sport tent

Adventure bed tent

Truck tent info page

Buzz

Thanks Nick I put the links in my files. Geof, our bitty buddy from the north, had one for his truck 2 years ago. Pretty neat.

linen beige

Buzz

Sounds like a good reason to buy an enclosed trailer to me. B)

Unload the tractors for display, fold out a cot in the trailer. :whistle:

Oh great.............now you have me thinking, and scheming B) "But Honey, all the other guys have one"

rustbucket

only 175,000 miles on the van heck mine is beating that thing to the ground i got 197,450 on my ford and its still going strong like the day she rolled off the assembly line. just goes to show fords are like wheel horses they just keep going on and on even when they old and tiered.

rustbucket

sexy truck though buzz very nice shade of red.

nylyon

Buzz, that is a really nice truck, and of course the color B) A nice little pop-up or hybrid trailer would be a nice addition to camping at the show, and it looks like we're getting a camping thing going on here with Duke getting a new RV.

HorseFixer

Buzz Thats A Nice Truck and nice Color I :whistle: Kinda Favor That Myself! Dang RV I got is White B) What size motor ya have in it?

Duke

Buzz

The truck only has the 4.7 L engine because i relly don't plan on towing much more than my 'Horses. Of course we have owned a half dozen travel trailers ranging from a 15' Scotty to a 28' Wilderness. might be buying another small one in the future. Our 12 year old loves to camp. Had a 24 motorhome the first couple of years at the show but got rid of it. slept in the van, now ?????????????

The van was still going strong, but since Carol fell and shattered one of the vertabrae in her back last August it's too painful for her to climb in and out of. She's able to get in the truck okay. B)

HorseFixer

My Jeep Only has A 4.0 That Extra .7 Would get the Job Done! B)

Duke

combatmp29r

Very nice lookin new ride Buzz. Let me know how the enclosed trailer discussion works out. If you pull it off I may need some pointers on the persuation technique you use B)