Sign in to follow this  
Hydro

Name the New Model

Hydro

I now have the Wheel Horse I have wanted since becoming familiar with these tractors. Problem is I don’t know what to call it. :eusa-think: It’s the model Wheel Horse never built. (as far as I know)

I started with the latest Eaton Hydro I could find powered by a Kohler engine, a 1997 314H. Then I bought a 416-8 with a Kohler Magnum. It also had the Kohler carburetor! At that time I also bought a 520 front end along with gear reduction steering. The engine was mildly refreshed (335 hours) and the carburetor rebuilt. The engines have been swapped, the front end has been changed and the steering added. I now have 520 rear rims and tires mounted. Lastly I added hubs to the front axles.

I would like to change the decals on the tower from 314 to……………….? I have no intention on misrepresenting the tractor, the model and serial number will remain unchanged.

What should I call it? :wh::scratchead:

Assembled in Canada eh? :flags-canada:

Kelly

Canadian special
  • Like 1

smoreau

sounds like a 516H special

• Like 1

rmaynard

314 + 416 + 520 = 1250

So there you are. It's a 1250-H

AMC RULES

Maple leaf special. :flags-canada:

farmer

:wh: Mutt ? :scratchead: :ychain:

c161rat

I like the 1250 but instead of the h 1250 zed.......cause you canadians say zed instead of z.....LOL

• Like 1

Rooster

Can I call it Betty?

Hydro

Can I call it Betty?

Ok I'll bite??

farmer

Betty.... as in ugly. :teasing-poke:

Duff

sounds like a 516H special

I'm with Scott on this one: 516HC (C for custom)

Duff :thumbs:

Hodge71

you can call it Betty if I can can call it Al..... call it Al......I'm glad to see that others like the 516H....hint hint Gary.....

Hydro

I'm thinkin I like the 516C that way I can keep a small decal on each side of the tower above the word HYDRO

can whlvr

i like 316 fsh,for forward swept hydro

Rollerman

Thats one of the things I like most about Wheel Horses, repuposing parts & makeing something yourself.

One of my go to tractors is a 1055,Raider 10,520H mix of parts. :handgestures-thumbup:

Don1977

Where are the pictures of this modified horse.

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:

:text-worthless:

Rooster

you can call it Betty if I can can call it Al..... call it Al......I'm glad to see that others like the 516H....hint hint Gary.....

LOL...nailed it!

Simon and Garfunkel

Hydro

Here's a few pics.

post-5559-0-15387100-1328578440_thumb.jp

post-5559-0-56566200-1328578471_thumb.jp

post-5559-0-58479300-1328578514_thumb.jp

post-5559-0-41504200-1328578579_thumb.jp

post-5559-0-86024800-1328578608_thumb.jp

AMC RULES

What ever the alphanumeric designation you ultimately decide to use Gary, I was thinking of something like this...http://www.wheelhors...triot-complete/

only with the Canadian flag maple leaf motif instead. :canada: Would definitely make it look pretty cool. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Hydro

That's pretty neat. I like it.

smoreau

That is a sharp looking tractor that you put together! I bet it serves you quite well! I would like to own it, or one like it.

Hydro

Thanks. I had this in the back of my mind ever since I lost the engine in my 416H. I had a 312H and it was a great little tractor. So I researched all of the various models and from there it was just a matter of time and opportunity to obtain the components I needed. I wanted to stay with the Magnum engine. Everything bolted right in except for the steering shaft which I had to shorten. The wiring hadn't changed much in 9 years using the Kohler engine so that was a simple plug in too. I have 10.50 turfs for the rear and will likely get front turf tires as well. I haven't had enough snow to really try it out but I can already feel the difference between the 14 and the 16HP in the little bit of clean up I've done. The 14 handled the 48" deck pretty well but with the 16 that will be be a breeze.

can whlvr

nice lookin machine

massey

Nice job making it custom to what you want. :laughing-rofl: Can't wait to see the name you decide on.