rustbucket

POR-15

rustbucket

i bought the 1 pound box of the POR-15 epoxy putty and i wil be shareing how my repair i made to an off brand went and my feed back after a week of testing the repair.

they claim that the putty has

tensile strength 4,000 psi

compressive strength 12,000 psi

bond stength psi after 24 hours of 375 psi.

they list test methods for those meassurements ASTM D-638 D-695 D 1002

rustbucket

the hole before repairs fully under way((the card board is duct taped in place for the repair as a support .

070108_1836a.jpg

the goods

070108_1836b.jpg

the patched hole.

070108_1848a.jpg

• Excellent 1

HorseFixer

Yep! I have made several posts about their products the past couple months. Thats a pretty big area will be interesting to see how it turns out. They make a good product and you will find no other filler that will do as good a job as POR products. Their Gas tank sealer and steering wheel kit are awesome. Their paint if left on your skin and it drys you will wear it for 5-7 days! Nothing on this earth will take it off short of a belt sander. And it drys harder and faster on humid days than dry days! its some wicked stuff!

Duke

kpinnc

Their paint if left on your skin and it drys you will wear it for 5-7 days! Nothing on this earth will take it off short of a belt sander. And it drys harder and faster on humid days than dry days! its some wicked stuff!

Does it come in WH red? B)B)B):whistle:

Kevin

HorseFixer

Does it come in WH red? :banghead:B)B)B)

Kevin

No sorry to say I dont think the color will match B) The stuff is tuff tho and it fills imperfections like pits in the metal and can be brushed on. The bad part is you will need to apply a top coat because POR-15 is UV sensitive what it does do tho it will seal the rust and it has TEETH that will bite in on what you apply it to.

Oh and they have good engine and manifold enamels that are good for exhaust pipes and hold up well under high heat conditions. A bit pricey but good stuff! :whistle:

Duke

CasualObserver

B) idiot time.... so where does one purchase POR-15 products? common auto parts places like AutoZone, Checker or Napa? How about hardware stores... Hardware Hank, Tru-Value or Ace? Farm and Home stores... Fleet Farm, Farm & Fleet, Big R? Is it only available through their website/catalog? :whistle:

HorseFixer

Jason you will need to purchase POR products off of their website by CC.

I am Mechanical Systems Manager For My County and am based Out Of The Sheriifs Dept / Jail were I am also Jail Maintenance Manager. We just refurbished the water basins in our Cooling Tower where thousands of gallons of water run through them each day. Needless to say they were about rusted apart after 13 years of service. Were were able to coat them with POR rustomotive products and saved the county the cost of a new cooling tower which would have costed $ 80,000.00. I have used these products myself over the years. Will post some pictures later of projects I have done. B)

Duke

CasualObserver

Thanks Duke, all this talk of these products, no one has mentioned where they come from! B)

HorseFixer

Nat a problem mate! B)

Duke

Rollerman

Here's a link to POR-15's site.

Looks like some pretty good stuff although kind of a pain it has to be ordered.

Guess I'm old fashioned & like to have an item in my hands when I pay for it. B)

http://www.por15.com/

rustbucket

it is very good stuff the plug i made wored out and held up when i went mowing the other day with the tractor and deck. not even a single crack or chip.

HorseFixer

Here's a link to POR-15's site.

Looks like some pretty good stuff although kind of a pain it has to be ordered.

Guess I'm old fashioned & like to have an item in my hands when I pay for it. B)

http://www.por15.com/

Stephen POR Is Prolly Old Fashioned too! They Like To Have Your Credit Card Befor They Send It! B):whistle:

Seriously Tho, We Placed A $1,700.00 order with them this spring and recieved everything as ordered!

Cheers Duke B)

jcm57willys

Hey everyone I'm new to the forum and don't have much experience with WH, BUT I restore cars and do use a lot of POR-15 products. If anyone decides to use their paint products to cover both rusted can clean metal areas be sure to buy the acid etching spray. It changes the rust white and allows the paint to adhere better to both the rust and more importantly bare metal. Also there is a little warning label on the spray bottle that "recommends" you wear a respirator...trust me you want to wear one. That being said I remember seeing cans of light grey POR-15 and I am thinking about using it as a primer for the paint job on the 603 I just picked up. I personally have never brushed it on but I've heard that it will smooth itself out before drying.

Have fun,

jcm57willys

• Excellent 1