Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Diesel truck mods site

Nick

Ive been looking around at truck sites and I came on Diesel site .com Several years ago when Yahoo was a pain, as normal, the owner Bob Riley had a nice site for a while called wheelhorsebarn. Anyway I dont know if he still has tractors but it looks like he still has a good site for both gas and diesel truck upgrades. He even sells amsoil. :WRS::D

dieselsite sells factorytech transmission valve bodies and I didnt mention last night that Ive been trying to talk the brother into one for his 99 F-450. I dont like the way the truck shifts and in gas trucks Ive heard good things about factorytech for years. They are also sold from factorytech transmissions Doesnt look like they have anything for you new torqueshift owners but maybe you dont need it. :whistle:

nylyon

Some of those performance products scare me something fierce. The 6.0 PSD can have head gasket failure (designed without enough head bolts) is te turbo boost pressure is too high. It's a fun site to look at, but I'm planning on leaving well enough alone :whistle:

DMESS

Along with needing a few more, the torque to yield bolts really aren't as ideal as studs in this application. They are machine assembled too and I've heard plenty of stories about incorrect torque settings on the assembly equipment helping to cause premature failures. 40+ lb of boost doesn't help either!

In a stock or even slightly modded application the Torqueshift seems to do quite well. My only complaint is trying to drive around 45 mph. It tends to hunt between 4th and 5th more than I'd like although I know it's just trying to keep it in the ideal powerband.

KyBlue

Ahh Im glad Ive got the manual box behind my PSD ... theres just something about rowing your own gears..

If your looking for a good PSD site try Ford PowerStroke Forum

I plan at some point to put Head Studs into my 04, BUT at 500 bucks..plus the $$ to actually have them installed... that'll be a little while. From what Ive read, the later motors (end of 03 and newer) had improvements to correct the head gasket failures but I dont know for sure exactly when they were changed, and what was changed.

BairleaFarm

The hell with a Ford Get you a real truck B) :whistle:

KyBlue

Careful David... your outnumbered..

Duramax Tampons

'Nuff Said

baerpath

Diapermax B)

KyBlue

B) :whistle:

That's a good'n!! Seriously thou, The duramax is a good motor and make great power - but I still bleed blue ... so I'll stick to the blue ovals ...

baerpath

Doesn't matter what the brand, they all have there problems and there good points.

Duane

C-Series14

He's not alone... B) LBZ here in SW Ohio!!!

DMESS

Until I can buy a 3/4 ton truck with a CAT under the hood.....they are ALL just a compromise! B)

KyBlue

That wont be a possibility in the near future as Cat is getting outta the truck engine market