Sign in to follow this  
studie91

1968 raider value?

studie91

im going to look at this tmo he wants 300 obo for it. whats it worth? here is the ad description:1968 Wheelhorse Raider 9hp with snow plow & tire chains. It has a 9hp tecumseh engine. Runs well doesn't smoke or knock. 5F75X65M23G33K93F9c1k9c96e88175e51c7f.jpg

KC9KAS

Looks to be in good shape....I would say the price is about right....You have to be happy with the tractor and the deal...No-one else!

• Like 1

Rollerman

Wise words by "KC9KAS", it does look like a pretty clean & straight little Raider 9 for the price.

Vinylguy

I have a 68 Lawn Ranger and would love to have a Raider 9.

This one looks pretty nice

TT

:WRS:

Pictures - especially one as small as what is posted up there - can be deceiving.

Do you know anything about Wheel Horses - like what to look for as far as worn parts, cracked transaxle mounting plates, leaking oil seals, etc.?

My advice is to walk into it slowly and cautiously, pick it apart from top to bottom, and save the excitement for later. Be prepared to walk away if it doesn't suit you or if isn't what you expected.

smoreau

It looks good but I think it has a short frame plow on it. Make sure the blade angles without hitting the front wheels. If it runs and moves like it should, I would say that it's a good deal with a few minor problems that could be fixed.

546cowboy

I've been thinking about picking that one up myself. The thing is I would have to around Chicago to get it and those @##$$% Illinois tolls just doubled again. That and the gas prices really put a crimp in a guys tractor buying. $300 for darn near anything that runs around here is a deal. Who knows, it does say OBO and it depends on how many offers he has had. One thing is for sure though you won;t know until you take a look and make an offer.

You do know it is on Ebay right now for less than that $300 don't you?

whfan74

Make sure you guys check ebay for that one as well! ;)

studie91

thanks for the tips guys! i love these tractors! i have a 74ish commando 8 that i still use to cut my lawn. my dad still has the 65 1055 he used to cut his parents yard and still used till about 5 years ago when he got a different mower. im going to look at it sunday now because the guy got called into work...

studie91

are there any things

:WRS:

Pictures - especially one as small as what is posted up there - can be deceiving.

Do you know anything about Wheel Horses - like what to look for as far as worn parts, cracked transaxle mounting plates, leaking oil seals, etc.?

My advice is to walk into it slowly and cautiously, pick it apart from top to bottom, and save the excitement for later. Be prepared to walk away if it doesn't suit you or if isn't what you expected.

thanks! i signed up awhile ago but it wouldnt let me log in for some reason so i just made a new account. what should i be looking for?

Rooster

I have been watchiing the "whats it worth" threads and prices for some time now.

Location Matters!

Around here, if that thing runs good and drives, with a blade on it I would jump on it for that price!

I gave $150 for a Raider 9, that does not run, needs all of its tires, no blade, deck needs restored...etc etc etc. It is R O U G H!!

Also...I am a little partial to the Raiders.....that has an effect on value as well.

If you see the tractor and like it...you pay a lil more..