Sign in to follow this  
DMESS

Got SNOW?

DMESS

One of my other "passions" that I greatly enjoy is snowmobiling. Living in South Central PA makes it a little difficult, but I manage non the less. We have many areas available in PA for sledding as long as Mother Nature cooperates! I truly love the ability to access winters beauty and enjoy getting out during a period when most would prefer to stay indoors. Of course, it's another motorized toy to tinker with too!

Yours truly

menvip.jpg

The Mrs. somewhere in RB Winter State Park

DSC05082.jpg

Me and some friends in the Laurel Highlands

DSC05106.jpg

Windmill farm in the Laurel Highlands

windmills.jpg

View of Renovo from Hyner View State Park

hynerview.jpg

Somewhere in "God's Country", Potter Co. PA

vista.jpg

Just your typical lunch break at the Waldheim Tavern in Germania PA

waldheim.jpg

His and hers!

DSC05074.jpg

High above the PA Turnpike

turnpike.jpg

CCC era waterfall in the Laurel Highlands

waterfall.jpg

kj4kicks

Great pics, and some beautiful scenery !

Thanks for sharing !

TT

Excellent pictures, D!

I particularly like the shot down onto the Susquehanna River from the lookout at Hyner. That destination was included in a few of the Sunday drives when I was a young'n, and although I haven't been up there in a few years, I've made the drive a few times just for something to do. :whistle:

Rollerman

Very cool pics Dustin & thanks for shareing...although it looks like it might be a cold hobby? :whistle:

The pics over the mountains are the best...here in my area nothing but flat horizon.

Always enjoy the mountains....but have to admit after a few days of not seeing a long view of the horizon I get weirded out. :WRS:

nylyon

Very nice Dustin. Growing up we had a 1969 Kometic with a CCW 340 engine and a 70/71 SkiDoo 399E. Was always a lot of fun riding, not so much fun breaking down all the time..... Great pictures!

KyBlue

Great Pics.. specially in respect to the scenery - Too Friggin cold for me. I do good to shovel the driveway..

wse100

WOW! Those views are amazing. Even If you didn't like snomobiling- Those views would be enough to want to go. I used to sled all the time, When I started having kids they got sold. Really breathtaking. Thanks for sharing.

DMESS

Excellent pictures, D!

I particularly like the shot down onto the Susquehanna River from the lookout at Hyner. That destination was included in a few of the Sunday drives when I was a young'n, and although I haven't been up there in a few years, I've made the drive a few times just for something to do. :WRS:

What you can't see is the 40 mph wind gusts ripping through there that day! Now THAT was cold! We had already put on about 140 miles that day and this was the rap up. Quite a view indeed. I love getting to North Central PA whenever I can. I'd move up that way in a heartbeat if it wasn't for work, family, etc. Getting too crowded down here and so much Maryland influx.

It really isn't cold till your stopped for awhile. Modern riding gear does a fine job and most times I'm sweating my tail off while riding!

Glad you guys enjoyd the pics. :whistle:

Curmudgeon

brrrrrrrrrrrr :D But as long as you enjoy it! :whistle: Uh, why aren't you on Wheel Horse snowmobiles? :WRS:

linen beige

Uh, why aren't you on Wheel Horse snowmobiles? :D

Yea, why not? :whistle::WRS::D:D :dunno:

DMESS

brrrrrrrrrrrr :D But as long as you enjoy it! :WRS: Uh, why aren't you on Wheel Horse snowmobiles? :D

Cause' the ol Safaris don't have Ohlins suspension, heated hand/thumb warmers, or make 153 horse power! :whistle:

CasualObserver

I was wondering that myself... so... the suspension and handwarmer things can be modified... but I can't see getting 150+ HP out of one of those old Kohler Two-cycles! :whistle:

Curmudgeon

Cause' the ol Safaris don't have Ohlins suspension, heated hand/thumb warmers, or make 153 horse power! :whistle:

How soft we've become...... :dunno::D:D:D:):D :D

perry

looks like fun B) . thanks for the pics.

Snowmobile.gif~~~~~~~~~~~Snowmobile.gif~~~~~~~~~~~~~~