smoreau

Custom heavy duty 2" hitch build #2

smoreau

All but 1 hitch went out today and if you ordered 1, check your pm's for the tracking #. The last hitch is brrly1's and I am waiting for the other 520xi hitch to get to John to check fit. This way brrly1's hitch should fit with out any mods. planning on another hitch build in a few weeks.

oneroadkingman

I must say that your receivers are really nice looking,and i like that you left the factory hitch in place, my question is how much can u really pull o haul weight with it. also building one out of 1 1/4 tube be ok or too light duty just wondering thanks

SgtBob

I am interested in one for a 416H. Please let me know if you still have any available.

Thanks, Bob

GlenPettit

It's a Class II Hitch, rated at 5,000 pounds. Scotts hitch is extremely well made & engineered.

In my opinion, a Wheel Horse can tow much of that on reasonably level ground.

I've seen 2.5 ton boats and trailers being moved easily by 12 hp Wheel Horses, more weight in/on the tractor will make towing much easier (on wheels & in front too).

DSCN0082.jpg

I am also using the hitch with as a drawbar (1/2" pin & a brass insert to reduce the hole), really like the extra 8" extension for turning & backing up (the staff/pole is so I don't hit my shin, and I have a light-weight battery red flashing light for snowplowing, just above my head/hat on that pole). Tires are filled with 'Rim-guard' and there is a pair of red inside Wheel Weights on the rear wheels (total, extra 250#)

shallowwatersailor

Being very pleased with my original purchase of the 1st run of 2" hitches for my C-105, I asked Scott if I could get one for my main worker. Without the luxury of being able to see my tractor in person and with only a number of my measurements, photos, and phone conversations, Scott expertly fabricated the hitch for my 518xi. The overall dimensions of the 518xi required that the hitch to be a bit larger in each direction. Only the pin cavity for the original Wheel Horse-style hitch in the transaxle casting is the same. It fit PERFECTLY! The bolt holes for the rear Attach-A-Matic lined up exactly and the four interfering bolts that mount the transaxle to the frame were cleared. No modifications were needed. He really is a craftsman. :handgestures-thumbupleft::eusa-clap:

DSCN1874.jpgDSCN1881.jpg

Just to check, I attached my winch plate adaptor that I am going to mount additional weight on and then stood on it. It really is sturdy! By the way for the purists ;) , that's a Wheel Horse logo below the NH. :wh:

CRE1992

DSCN0082.jpg

What kind of tires are those?

GlenPettit

Firestone 23º Ag tires, filled with RimGuard. Actually a smooth riding lug.

sschoener

I just picked up a 310-8 and I would love one of these if you are going to build again.

zieg72

Scott. Can you share a picture of the 2" receiver tube you use before it is painted? I would like to see how the outside end is attached. I had to remove mine because I couldn't load it on my truck with the tiller on it because it sticks out enough to hit the gear box. I want to take off the end and re-attach it after I shorten it up within 1/2" of the pin. Thanks in advance

smoreau

I buy the tubes with the outside crimped from Rigid Hitch. They are pry made and cost about $16 shipped to me. You can cut that end off and get a 1/2" long piece of 3"x1/4" wall tube and weld that on the shorted tube.

KohlerJohn

Hi, I sent a message about purchasing one for a 312-8. Just let me know when one is available. Looks great!!!

CRE1992

Hey Scott, I am interested in one of these hitches, when will be the production of the next set? I also sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Charles

falvarado62

Hi,

I just purchased a C120 Automatic Wheel Horse.

Do you make a 2" hitch that works with that model?

Thanks,

Frank

posifour11

Here's the new thread. I love mine. Worth every penny.

Stephen226

Do you still build these?

I would be interested in one for my 312-8.

Thanks,

Steve R.