Sign in to follow this  
rustbucket

rustbucket

rustbucket

i surf the net race 1/24th scale slot cars and tinker on tractors. also use to paintball but not in the past 3 years and also do R/C cars both gas and electric.

perry

how fast them little R/C cars go ?.

rustbucket

i do mainly off road buggies and trucks but when i lived in utah i had a street R/c car that did close to 50 MPH real speed. had a friend who was a cop he guned it when i ran it once. that was its first and last run. it went out of controler range and didnt have return spraings to shut down the throttle and such and well 50 ph into a concreete curb is the end for things that small.

Rollerman

I too dabble with the off road RC hobby.

I even raced the 1/10th scale electric trucks for a while...talk about a money pit expense. :whistle:

My son & I still have several around & I keep my eye out for the vintage Tamiya, Associated, & Losi kits at garage sales & craigslist.

Yes I said vintage...even though I remember seeing these kits new in the hobby shops back in the 80ies...LOL

As far as a 50mph on road car....

Several companies offer gas & electrics that can achieve that ready to run right out of the store.

Speed sells twice...when a kid wants the car & every time it crashes & breaks....then back to the hobby shop for parts. B)

The RC hobby market has reached a bigger customer base with the "ready to run" models....but I still miss buying the kits & building them.

I still get my share of wrenching on them....most of the kids around here know I can fix them. B)

Have always thought a short frame hydro would make a neat "RC" project too....

DMESS

I remember wanting one badly as a kid of the 80's. Neighbor had gotten a ready to run Tyco Turbo Hopper and I thoght that thing was just so cool. I started picking up the trade magazines and recall deciding I had to have an RC-10. Never did get one but I remember it seemed like the shiznit at the time. Anybody remeber that one? B)

Rollerman

Dustin I have one of the early Associated RC-10 buggy's with the gold anodized chassis...is that what you mean?

There actually pretty collectable now.