Sign in to follow this  
Indy w h

Got my boots muddy

Indy w h

Well this is one of my other hobbies

I'm a Indian artifact hunter I took advantage of the nice day and went out to one of my favorite spots to see if I could find a few. I like to take pics of them how they are when I find them Well here's a few

D8705ED7-orig.jpg

5044527C-orig.jpg

16F2A901-orig.jpg

95DEC192-orig.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking at a few of my collection

Indy

racinfool40

Cool Finds Marshall!!!!! You mean you do more than Round hoods and consume beverages!!! :D Thanks for the pics!!

AMC RULES

Those arrow heads are pretty cool Indy, I especially like the colors in that first image. :thumbs:

As a digger for a living, I've found a bunch of interesting artifacts over the years as well, but IMHO, the most intriguing are always the ones you just walk up on while out for a stroll.

wheelhorsinaround279-1.jpg

These two images are the obverse sides of the same arrow head. wheelhorsinaround280.jpg

Found in Pennsylvania at my parents place, laying on the surface of a freshly tilled field just waiting to be rediscovered. :eusa-think:

stevasaurus

Indy, that first one is fantastic. I have had the pleasure of seeing a lot of Indy's collection, it is absolutely incredible.. Thanks for sharing Marshal.

What kind of stone is the first one made from?

wheelhorse656

i Love old arro heads where we live is in a town where the Piqua indian tribe romed. ( prenounced piquawa) grandpa found a arrow head in a pile of dirt when they dug for the basment. Ill see if i can get a few pictures of it it is very neet looking!

smokin joe

Cool pics Marshall

Indy w h

Thanks for all the interest !! I've walked the fields around my house since I was 8 years old

And I've got quite a lot to to show for it !!!

@ racinfool. Hey I can still carry a few beers while I'm looking !!

@ stevasaurus That's a rare multi- swirl flint it's not from around my area. So I can't tell ya what kind of flint it is

dclarke

Those are so cool Indy, thanks for posting the pics. Would like to see a pic of your collection sometime.

Indy w h

Craig That's a nice Adena point ya got there !!

@Denny Ask the ol stevasaurus to post what he saw of my collection And he didn't see all of it !!

Indy

horsefeathers

Indy , Careful you'll poke yer eye out!! I walk my dog every day and keep lookin' but never find anything !

An old friend has been doing this for years..he found 9 points last spring in the same field I walk!??

I must be doing something wrong!!

Rollerman

I always keep my eye on the ground too hopeing to find one.

You'd think moveing dirt at work I'd stumble across one.

On a side note there is a guy in town that is pretty good at finding arrow heads, he's pretty quiet about where he finds them too.

stevebo

When I was a kid I was sitting on the sandy shore of a small island on lake Candlewood here in CT. It is the largest man made lake in CT. Back in the late 20's CT Light and Power (Power company) started to flood the valley from the Housatonic River. Anyhow I was sitting on the shore and digging with my hands and found a near perfect indian arrowhead. Really cool find since I was not really looking for anything....

stevasaurus

Here are the pictures I got to take of some of Indy's collection. I will let him answer any questions you guys have...he knows which tribes and other things about them...some of them are tools.

2009_1008GMsScott20100043.jpg

2009_1008GMsScott20100042.jpg

2009_1008GMsScott20100041.jpg

2009_1008GMsScott20100040.jpg

AMC RULES

Man, what a collection. :thumbs: Is there a specific site where one goes to research found points? :scratchead:

Indy w h

Yes Craig there is a site WWW.collectorbooks.com

I've been doing this since I was 8 years old The old timer that taught me about the Indian ways was extremely helpful to me on identifying the points ,tools , and drills we found in his fields.

If anybody wants to come on out and do some walkin & talkin I'd be glad to take you out and see if we can find a few !!

Indy