Sign in to follow this  
Stigian

Does anyone know the weights of....

Stigian

Hi Guy's I'm still trying to work out how to get a pallet shipped down from 'up North, and I thought it might be handy if I know how much the items are I need moving..

So does anyone know how much an Eaton hydro trans weighs?

Also I might be buying a Kohler twin from the same seller, any ideas on the engine weight?

Ta-muchly Chaps :thumbs:

tunahead72

Can't help you with the Eaton, sorry.

On the Kohler twins, it depends a little on which model. According to the owner's manuals, the KT17 weighs about 128 lbs. (58 kg), the Magnum M18/M20 about 130 lbs. (59 kg). I don't have anything on the Command CH18/CH20 models. These are all engines that were used on Wheel Horse tractors at some point.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

sorekiwi

I'm heading out to the garage when I have finished my beer and my coffee, so I might be able to give you a definative answer later.

For now, I'll just say an Eaton 1100 is really effing heavy!!

sorekiwi

I'll let you do the metric conversion Ian.

The Eaton 1100 I have here weighs in at 165 lbs, complete with hubs, lift valve, lift cylinder, hoses etc. I am fairly sure that it still has oil in it too.

Hope this helps, and BTW my hernia hates you!!!

Stigian

Can't help you with the Eaton, sorry.

On the Kohler twins, it depends a little on which model. According to the owner's manuals, the KT17 weighs about 128 lbs. (58 kg), the Magnum M18/M20 about 130 lbs. (59 kg). I don't have anything on the Command CH18/CH20 models. These are all engines that were used on Wheel Horse tractors at some point.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Thanks Ed, that helps a lot.

I'm heading out to the garage when I have finished my beer and my coffee, so I might be able to give you a definative answer later.

For now, I'll just say an Eaton 1100 is really effing heavy!!

Thanks Mike, yep they are rather heavy.

I'll let you do the metric conversion Ian.

The Eaton 1100 I have here weighs in at 165 lbs, complete with hubs, lift valve, lift cylinder, hoses etc. I am fairly sure that it still has oil in it too.

Hope this helps, and BTW my hernia hates you!!!

You must have some hefty scales kicking about the place to weight an Eaton 1100 :scared-eek::)

165lbs sounds lighter than than an Eaton feels lol, thanks for that Mike it certainly helps..

Can you pass on a message to your hernia that I'm sorry..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• lsc1257
      By lsc1257
      I have a 1996 520H Wheel Horse for sale.  The tractor has just over 800 hours on it.  It comes with a 48 inch deck.  The deck is a 1995 and has over 1,500 hours on it, as it came brand new with my 312-8 that I sold several years ago.  This 520-H has the swept front axle so it can handle a 60 inch deck.  I just replaced the battery and the deck belt this summer.  The engine is a 20HP Onan and it starts right up but requires the full choke.  The transmission is an Eaton 1100-062, hydrostatic.  The deck is in rough shape but the spindles appear to be in good working order.  The right rear tire has some cracking.  The original operator's manual for the 520H is included, as is the original operating and maintenance instructions for the deck, plus the installation instructions for the deck.  Also included is a new PTO belt and several miscellaneous deck wheels and rollers.  Additional pictures available upon request.  Asking $500.

• Bill D
      By Bill D
      I have to change some o-rings on my GT-1800.  What size o-rings do I need for the ORB-5 and ORB-6 fittings.  Also, does anyone make a ORB-5 to JIC-6 fitting?  Looking for both straight and 45 degree fittings.  Thanks.
    • mattd860
      By mattd860
      I have developed a kit that allows a Wheel Horse / Toro hydrostatic tractor to be operated by a pedal on the right side of the tractor. The original forward/reverse lever can be retained or removed. The kit includes everything needed to install the pedal kit and installation is simple with the help of a downloadable installation manual. Additionally, only one (1) 1/4" hole will need to be drilled which can be done by a hand drill. No other drilling or cutting will be necessary. Any tractor with this kit can be converted back to stock without any visible evidence that kit was installed. However, you'll never want to do that

The kit operates very simply and similar to modern tractors. When the pedal is pushed forwards the tractor will move forwards. When the reverse pedal is pressed downwards, the tractor will moved in reverse. If the operator takes his foot of the pedal at any time, the pedal will automatically center itself and the hydrostatic transmission will return to neutral (stop). This enables the operator to use both hands on the steering wheel or one hand on the wheel and the other operating an attachment like a snow blower, plow, etc.

The foot pedal is custom cast in Aluminum, uses brass bushings to minimize wear, and it closely matches the OEM Wheel Horse BRAKE pedal commonly found on 8-speed manual transmission tractors. Modifications were done to the pedal to add the reverse pedal and adapt the pedal to the rest of the kit. For the most part, the pedal looks like it was designed and manufactured by Wheel Horse / Toro. Additionally, a grease fitting has been adapted to the pedal to further minimize wear and tear and if the brass bushings ever wear out they are fully replaceable without having to buy a whole new pedal. 

The pedal kit fits the following series tractors with Eaton hydrostatic transmissions: C-1X5, 300, 400, 500. 

My kit can be adapted to older hydrostatic tractors with the Sundstrand transmission, however, you will need to find an updated hydro cam commonly found on ebay. Message me for more information. 

Here is a link where you can download the installation manual: CLICK HERE

I am selling these kits for $330 shipped to anywhere in the United States. I offer multi order discounts as well. I will also sell to other countries for additional shipping charges to be determined.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me or post your question here and I will be glad to help. Or you can email me at mattdarling02@hotmail.com.

Thanks!

Below are pictures of the complete kit and the pedal installed on the tractor. Some modifications have been made since these pictures were taken. For example, the reverse pedal is now cast in aluminum instead of the steel pedal shown below. 

• Salbreth1
      By Salbreth1
      Hello guys and thanks again for the welcome! So long story short, my wife calls me and says theirs a tractor on the trash. So like any normal human I hopped in my truck and drove up to find this 418-C and a set of aluminum ramps on the side of the road. Had to be fate. 

So me and my 6 year old sons new found love of tractor pulling has inspired this build. I’ve been researching everything about the model and currently have it stripped and prepping it for paint. 

• Salbreth1
      By Salbreth1
      Hello from Bennington Vermont. I picked up a 418-C on the curb and plan to build a stock class puller for my 6 year old. This one needs work as well as an engine but I’m excited for the restoration! 

sal