Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

312A & peco vac

Rollerman

Anybody here in the group use a lawn vac?

The 312A I picked up this summer came with a PiCo brand vac that attaches right to the back of the tractor on the axle & tow hitch.

Have to say this is one of my favorite attachments.

Really cuts down on the leaf pickup time & makes me the "hero" on the block when my neighbors hear it running.

No picks yet....allways dark when I'm getting of work & useing it.

The town maintance must really hate it when they see fresh piles of leaves in the morning for them to pick up.

Stephen in northern IN

nylyon

I really wish that I had a lawn vacuum instead of the sweeper, it's got to be great for this time of year. Does yours run off the mower pulley or have a separate engine?

Rollerman

Mine uses a seperate motor running the vac.

It's a 4HP Tecumseh & it's pretty tired really...I'll be looking to upgrade it with maybe a Honda by next season.

I'll post a pic next time I have it out in the day light.

The tractor gets really light on the front to as the bag fills up.

Stephen in northern IN

kpinnc

Forgive me here fellas, but I gotta bragg on mine. A friend and I made it a few years ago. If the bin looks familiar, it's because it came from a Kubota zero turn. The rest, right down to the impeller and housing, we made. My buddy used to work at a place that had a cad driven plasma cutter, so getting the pieces cut was easy. Anyway, here it is:

IM000599.jpg

Better pic, along with the munchkins:

IM000594.jpg

It's on casters, so I can squeeze up as close as the deck will cut to anything. You just gotta remember it's back there! I've slapped the side of the house, and a tree or two since I got it!

The coolest thing: It dumps without getting off of the tractor :D :

IM000601.jpg

We made (or modified existing parts) the hitch and everything. It runs all the way under the tranny, and also bolts to the frame of the tractor itself. That way I'm not putting all that leverage on those four bolts that hold the tranny on. Plus, since it's on casters, it just needs to be free to pivot up and down. It works really well! I know, I shouldn't have used the rear quick hitch. It's since been replaced with angle iron!

IM000608.jpg

IM000609.jpg

Only thing I have to be careful of is what I run over. It'll pull the gravel up from the driveway! I picked up something last year, and siezed the engine. If you get one, or replace an engine on one, make sure the motor has a PTO side bearing, not the brass bushing like a Briggs. I learned the hard way! :P

Still, I agree- definately one of the best "implements" you can have. Makes alot of leaves, or just deep grass clippings go away with no work at all.

Kevin

Rollerman

Kevin...one word "Sweet!"

My PeCo uses a bag setup with a zipper....so I do get my hands dirty to empty.

I had an Agri Fab vac but sold it cause it was to cumbersome.

Your setup is A+...dumping from the seat has to speed things up even more!

Stephen in northern IN

kpinnc

Thanks Stephen!

I got lucky when I found the Kubota bin. Otherwise, it would've been just a trailer with a galvanized top on it. NOT that there's anything wrong with that!

The bin just makes it easier to dump.

Kevin

kj4kicks

Nice job Kevin, that looks GREAT !!

Hope to see it at the show.

Eldon.