Sign in to follow this  
Curmudgeon

Generators/welders

Curmudgeon

With talk of generators, and welders at one time or other, I thought I'd share a picture of my set up. When I need to cut or attach metal with fire somewhere in the yard beyond my garage, I break out this:

portableweldtorch.jpg

Dale

Sparky

Nice setup. I bet that 10,000 watt power head is some kinda heavy! No wheelies with that on there.

Do I see small caster wheels under it? Is that to move it around yer shop or to stop it from bottoming out while on the tractor?

Mike.........

Curmudgeon

Good eye! Yup, something just over 100 pounds, just for the generator. The casters are for moving it about the shop.

Simply roll it under tractor, or tractor over it, attach to mid-mount, lift and click into front mount. Easier to lift than you might think once the rear is attached and you have a solid pivot point.

The generator itself is on a pivot, lift generator, put on belt, weight of generator maintains belt tension.

genoff.jpg

genon.jpg

Dale

nylyon

Did you fabricate the frame for the Generator?

Curmudgeon

Entirely. I based it on the same type/size metal used on the snowthrower.

Dale

nylyon

Very nice! On a related note, I just got back from getting a small Onan Generator, only 2100W (15A) but it was free! Going to try and start it tomorrow.

edit: Couldn't wait. Put in some gas, then found out the gas line was disconnected, so I cleaned up some gas. Connected the fuel line, put in more gas and on the second pull it fired right up with 123.2V AC from the plug! And if you were wondering, yes it came from Connecticut! I think everything I get recently comes from CT!