Sign in to follow this  
IthacaJeff

There's got to be a better way. . .

IthacaJeff

Okay folks, I've done this a million times before, and every year I say there has got

to be a better way. I've got a solid lift link with my snow blade, about 8-10" long.

It needs to be attached way up high in the lift lever -- up in the guts of the tractor

that are hard to reach. It's not so bad getting the lift link hooked into the hole on

the lift lever, but putting in the pin to lock it in is always a blind hunt with my hands

and fingers mangled up in the belly of the tractor. Couldn't get it in today, then it

started raining :dunno:

There's gotta be a better way ???

Jeff in Enfield NY

TT

Depending on the model/year, sometimes it's easier to remove the lower dash panel and reach in through from the back.

AMC RULES

Okay folks, I Couldn't get it in today, then it

started raining :wh:

Jeff in Enfield NY

:dunno: Ooh, that does sound like a bad day. :help:

SNYFIX

TT has it right as far as the factory is concerned but it can be done with some finger dexterity. The main thing about the snowblower is to get the lift triangle in the hole next to the pivot. A lot of people put it in the hole they can see and then grunt to lift it but you all know that anyway.

C-Series14

Depending on the model/year, sometimes it's easier to remove the lower dash panel and reach in through from the back.

What Terry said...I have done that after fighting it for awhile! I also lower the lift bar all the way and it can be decent to reach from the bottom, on the manual lifts...

Kelly

Yup on any tractor that the gas tank is under the fender, it is easiest to pull the lower cover off the dash tower, you can get right at the pin.

IthacaJeff

Tackled the job again today, thought about the dash panel removal, but then went

ahead and laid down in the mud, got both hands up under the dash tower, and

got 'er done.

Thanks, gents. Next year perhaps I'll put the tiller on the 416!