Sign in to follow this  
AMC RULES

Belt routing?

AMC RULES

I must not be looking in the right place? Tried Toro's website, Yahoo groups, and this site to no avail. I'm trying to figure out the routing of the PTO drive belt for a 32" rear discharge deck(#5-2322). Tractor is a '68 Commando 8. :thumbs2: A picture would be great.

mcwh1950

here one from the picture gallery. it is whfan74.

rightside.jpg

AMC RULES

Yeah, I actually went there first. Looked at those images, set it up that way but the center pulley(attached to the pedal)doesn't push far enough forward to engage the deck. I've got the right belt, applicaction calls for a Gates replacement #6828, 1/2"x28". :thumbs2:

tmix

The pic your looking at the deck is NOT engaged. when the deck is engaged the pedel will be back tord you along with the center pulley witch will pull on belt. I have the same setup on the 875 make sure it's a snug fit it will strech.Because the ider pulley doesn't have to go very far before it bottoms out when the pedel is all the way tords you. Hope that helps :dunno: T MIX

tmix

P.S flip the small clip on the pedel with your foot and let the pedel come to you to engage. To disengage push just the pedel till the clip on the pedel catches. LET off the pedel it should stay foeward like the pic you were looking at. : :dunno: TMIX