Sign in to follow this  
littleredrider

HY-2 attachments

littleredrider

Finally got around putting the hydro on the 854. I have the plow brackets that were on the tractor when I first got it, and have the quick attach ones as well. But the way the cylinder mounts bolts to the axle, can't bolt the plow brackets on. Must be a different mount or something, can't believe there isn't a way to use both....

littleredrider

Think I found the answer in the manual. I was hoping to use the quick attach, but only have to unbolt one side. Better than both I guess....

TT

There are a few different rear hitches - and I'm not sure exactly which one you're trying to use.

What you actually need is the "old style" quick hitch (with the swinging latches) that mounts to the front of the axle housing, but it has to have the two tabs for attaching the rear of the lift cylinder.

Picture the hitch on the left combined with the cylinder bracket on the right:

mountz-1.jpg

littleredrider

The mounts on the left is similar to what was on the tractor, but not with the latches. Guess it's not too big a deal, I have a 32", 37" and a 42" snow blower I could put on. Don't really need to have the hydro lift with the plow, but it was right there and wanted to try out the pump...

mcwh1950

Joe. Here a picture of the hitch.

a503_1.jpg

littleredrider

Is that a factory hitch or something that was made?? I have a couple of the quick hitches, could fire up the 'ol welder and put those tabs on....

TT

That's factory - and is the one I was trying to explain with the above "drawings".

mcwh1950

joe I brought the hitch off of ebay a couple year ago for 20 dollar to use on my c121 for plowing snow? but if you like to buy it for 20 dollar plus shipping, i will sell it to you.

sorekiwi

Here is a slightly different view of one:

PICT10003.jpg

mcwh1950

how it look on a tractor.

100_2438.jpg

littleredrider

I will take you up on that!!! I have a nice plow that angles nice and isn't beat to crap, sorta like the one when I got the 854. But the pin is too big to fit in the 854s plow mounts, and don't really want to drill the hole, there isn't alot of material there.

PM sent....