Sign in to follow this  
Butch

Welding question

Butch

Hi,

Do you think that a Wheel Horse seats underneath frame can be welded to the bottom of a different seat or do you think I would melt the plastic on the front side of the seat otr catch the inside on fire. I'd like to change seats but bolting in a new one isn't possible. Thanks.

Kelly

With out taking it apart, at best it will just melt the foam inside, at worst it will catch fire.

most seats can be taken apart, pull the edging off carfully, remove the pad, whwen putting it back together make sure it's warm so you can stretch the cover back on and put the edging back on.

jimbotelho

i AGREE WITH kELLY NOT WORTH THE BOTHER :thumbs2:

Butch

Thanks. Guess I'll keep the seat I have.

Gene_S

Butch, I can go to my local TSC or we have stores called Big-R and buy a seat with the right bolt pattern to bolt on my seat springs. I have a replacement seat on my 416 and 10-8 with no mods. What seat frame are you trying to use?

Butch

Gene my present seat is fine. I bought a seat off a zero turn Toro several years ago. It was bigger and looked more comfortable. Plus it had fold up arms that I really liked.

HorseFixer

Gene my present seat is fine. I bought a seat off a zero turn Toro several years ago. It was bigger and looked more comfortable. Plus it had fold up arms that I really liked.

Butch, Then you need to mail it to me cause I need one for my 520 Project :banghead: Like Gene mentioned, I got one from Rural King on this paticular one bolt pattern didn't match so I did some remounting. Its on the 417A now. :thumbs2: If theres a will theres a way.

~Duke

Don1977

You need a 1/8" steel plate drill holes to match Wheel Horse seat put the bolts in and weld them in place. Then drill holes to match the new seat.