Sign in to follow this  
zachs526

What model tractor is this?

zachs526

Hi, I am new here and i just picked up an old tractor :thumbs2: . There are no model numbers or anything on it so i do not know what model it is, i think it might be a Commando V7 but i am not sure. Any ideas??

Attached Image

post-3-1317599944.jpg

C-Series14

Looks like a 1973 8hp 4-Speed, should be a Tech. 8hp on it.

HankB

Hi Zach,

:thumbs2:

I believe it's an A-80. If it has electric start, that would make it an A-80E.

I just sold one yesterday (more or less - it was in parts.) It's also known as a Ranger though there are other rangers that are not like this one at all.

Edit: Maybe not. On the one I had, the shift lever gate was in the front edge of the seat pan, not the panel forward of it.

rydogg

I believe that lever on the panel is for the pto and the shifter is where they normally are.

Buckshot 1

:banghead: I have one similar to it. Lawn Ranger Electric MN: 1-8745, with a 8HP Tec. Your looks in a lot better shape than mine. :thumbs2:

rmaynard

I agree with C-Series14 on this one. Looks like a 1973 8hp 4-Speed. Unless someone changed the decals, it says 8 4-speed on the side.

mcwh1950

Zachs526. I agree with you about the tractor. There is no way that this is a 1973 . It look like some one change the decal. It may all so be a 1971 cg7. Is there a engine number on it.

Also. :thumbs2:

rmaynard

There is no way that this is a 1973.

Why do you say that?

If you look at the parts drawings for the 1973 8 4 (1-0276 & 1-0277), they are virtually identical to what is shown in the picture that Zach posted.

I think the odds of this being an original 1973 8 4 are much greater than a CG-7, A-80, or Commando V7 that has had different decals applied.

zachs526

Thanks everyone for the help. From what i have looked up; the 1973 mower deck is different, the dash panel is a different shape and the layout is different too, the hood emblem on the top is different and my tractor does not have headlights. The A-80 has the shifter in the seat pan, and there are full foot rests on it :thumbs2:. I will post some more pictures later and get the model number off of the motor.

mcwh1950

There is no way that this is a 1973.

Why do you say that?

If you look at the parts drawings for the 1973 8 4 (1-0276 & 1-0277), they are virtually identical to what is shown in the picture that Zach posted.

I think the odds of this being an original 1973 8 4 are much greater than a CG-7, A-80, or Commando V7 that has had different decals applied.

Bob I do own everyone here a APOLOGY for giving wrong information . I was thing about the 1973 8 4 speed with the kohler engine.

Now I will try to pry my foot out of my mouth

Thank for the info on the 1-0276 & 1-0277

C-Series14

I agree with Bob. I just looked at the drawings of 1-0276 and it confirms it...Also, there was discussion of another 1973 8hp 4-Speed on here (Red Square) back in 2008. I googled "1-0276 Wheel Horse" and it is the first hit...titled "whats wrong with this picture"

Zach...what pics have you looked at?

Yours not having headlights is factory, headlights were an option, the deck may be another model year deck. If I was not in C-17 school, I could do alot of research and come up with alot of info but in the end, it is a 1973 "no name" 8hp 4-Speed.

littleredrider

So they made 2 8 4-speeds?? One horizontal and one vertical?? Know nothing of these but looks similar to the ranger or A80s....

rmaynard

So they made 2 8 4-speeds?? One horizontal and one vertical?? Know nothing of these but looks similar to the ranger or A80s....

Yes. Go to SEPW and search 1-0276 or 1-0277. You will find that the results come back as 8hp 4 speed with Tecumseh vertical V80 engine.

The styling is very similar to the A-80.

Raider12

Well,,,,, as far as what model this is,,,,,, I have no clue! BUT.... :thumbs2:

zachs526

I found the tag today, someone painted over it :thumbs2: the number on it is 10277 8

rmaynard

I found the tag today, someone painted over it :thumbs2: the number on it is 10277 8

Thanks for the info Zach. I guess that settles it.

1-0277, 8 hp 4-Speed Tractor, 1973. Tecumseh V80-13680

zachs526

Thanks for the help Bob.....any idea how much it would be worth completely restored? I am going to tear it down and start sanding it today.

zachs526

Almost done painting it....now i need to find a decal kit and figure out what to do with the dash panel and get it running :thumbs2:

Attached Image

post-3-1317929694.jpg

whfan74

www.redoyourhorse.com

Head there for all of your decals.

Or go down in our vendor section and check out The Decal Wizard.......that is the same guy named Terry. He will get you all squared away.